Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    you (superstitious) guys are wasting your time. in fact i think i too am wasting my time, posting this message. but whatever the case, i just want to make sure that you guys dont dream so much. the 650 is history for palm, also when 650 million people are still using it. new firmware will not roll out for old gadgets. i still love and adore and respect and use my treo650. i will do my own updates, that's what this forum is here to help us to do.
    i think there will be a new firmware incorporating blackberry connect or at least blackberry connect for us here in the philippines. just be patient and wait and i hope i am not waiting in vain. i can't predict the specific date but at least there will be blackberry connect.
    The weather in Richmond, B.C. is

The weather in MY Place is

For Car and Pictures Enthusiast!
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cars
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cebupics
    I'm hoping Palm releases something soon. I'm putting off upgrading some of my exisiting apps (Express, Chatter, etc.) with the hopes of doing everything in one fell swoop.
    Why aint this thread closed yet? We all know this was a joke..
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    It makes sense to me that they will be bringing an upgrade out, with at least BB connect so they can charge all the corporate types that want it $45/month. So I think it is in their interest to do so. Also MobiTV app would bring them more opportunity to make more money. Pocket Tunes maybe required for streaming of Sirius Radio. So while the Treo 650 maybe and old model for Palm, they will do what Sprint wants them to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Why aint this thread closed yet? We all know this was a joke..
    And we know that how?

I am beginning to believe this is a real update to the 650 which may or may not release in June and also thin it wierd that lowtide and lowrider are both mentioned as Palm codenames. I would bet one of them is bogus. I believe lowrider is bogus. How can they compete in the low end market with the MotoQ at $199?
    A quick question on ROM updater, will custom ROM having any impact on ability to use a Palm official ROM updater? If that ever comes out, that is....
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    And we know that how?

I am beginning to believe this is a real update to the 650 which may or may not release in June and also thin it wierd that lowtide and lowrider are both mentioned as Palm codenames. I would bet one of them is bogus. I believe lowrider is bogus. How can they compete in the low end market with the MotoQ at $199?
    I stand corrected, the release BB connect, which I forgot.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    It is at the Singapore Palm site. Not sure if it works, as I do not have my 650 yet.

http://www.palm.com/sg/solutions/pro.../getitnow.html

Can someone let me know if this works?
    Have you heard Marillion's Marbles? www.Marillion.com

PalmPilot, Palm 512K, Palm V, Sony Clie N760C, Sony Clie NX-70V, Treo 600, Sony Ericsson P900, BlackBerry 7100t, Siemens SX1, Nokia 7710, Siemens SK65, Treo 650... Currently, Treo 700P.

Yes, I have a problem and I am trying to get help.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Well, so June 6th came and went...
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I search around the net it seems there isn't much other info floating around about an 650 update.
    I anticipate that, at some point, there will be one more 650 revision to clean up a few things and add one or two nice things after which "hands will be washed" of the 650. I dont expect it for a bit though since Im sure Palm and the carriers are up to their necks in dealing with 700p issues right now
    I spoke to a palm rep at the palm store today and he said he only expects Verizion to bring out an update since they are behind on firmware updates. He said that Sprint has had the most firmware updates and have the most up-to-date software. When I asked I thought Cingular or unlocked GSM would have been most up-to-date he said no they are one behind Sprint in terms of software versions even though the firmware is called 1.20.
    Quote Originally Posted by scythe000
    Well, so June 6th came and went...
    palm probably thought that it'll be the end of the world anyway, so it didn#t bother.
    who knows, maybe we are continuing our daily lives in a different dimension after our planet was devoured by satan and some aliens decided to save us by beaming us to a different dimension.
    have a nice weekend guys, and forget expecting any 650 update.
    by the way, my 650 is purring away and everything is mooshy cool with it. i have learnt to become in-sync with my gadget and we hardly have any conflicts. my treo and me function very well together, no being or gadget can replace our present harmony
    :-))))
    when these frimware updates do come out, where do you find them? I just got the 700p. Is this something I need to be looking for early on, or do they not provide these very often?
    firmware updates are on Palm support web
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Watch Out! The Updates Are Coming! I HOPE...... i am just being optimistic.
    yoooohooo! Palm, are you listening?
    The weather in Richmond, B.C. is

The weather in MY Place is

For Car and Pictures Enthusiast!
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cars
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cebupics
    Still 1.17 for Cingular and 1.20 for Unlocked... /sigh is there any hope?
    Where the f*** is this update !!!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast