Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I think it was sated before, but me dunno.

In terms of customer support, it would be best for VZW and SPrint to have this update for 650s. This would make it a lot easier for their support people to isolate issues (instead of having two similar models with most definitely different software bundles to consider per supoprt request).

I do not see any GSM Treos getting this update though. That is, unless there is no GSM 700p coming, and then that would be in the respect to do this update so that the 650 stays in the mind of those who are considering to move to another carrier.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I feel that the 700p was the "firmware upgrade"
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo
    Considering the just released 700p isn't supporting WiFi, I really, really doubt the supposedly upcoming firmware upgrade for 650 will.
    Agh! Are you serious? Friggin' A...How can they be so stupid as to release the 700p w/ no native PalmOne SDIO WiFi support?
    Is this true?
    Its never going to support wifi, i cant see palm giving the abilty to 650 users over 70p users seeing as their buying a new divce and giving over more money.

And IMHO i dont think we will ever see the firmware update.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Of course you'll not see the firmware update. This is some stupid joke that someone has thrown into the Palm community.
    it's unbelieveable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    Of course you'll not see the firmware update. This is some stupid joke that someone has thrown into the Palm community.
    it's unbelieveable.
    That is what people said about the Treo running WM5, about streaming WMA and WMV, no bluetooth audio, SMS response to missed calls on POS, antennaless Treo, etc...

But of course, some people will never be happy.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    That is what people said about the Treo running WM5, about streaming WMA and WMV, no bluetooth audio, SMS response to missed calls on POS, antennaless Treo, etc...

But of course, some people will never be happy.

I still can't see bluetooth audio on Treo 650. Do you ?

btw, for wifi card support on Treo 650, I had purchased a SD wifi card from PalmOne. It's been a year now...
    I tried several ways, then I understood that it was impossible. Nobody could achieved to run this card on Treo 650.
    Last edited by ilkeraktuna; 05/21/2006 at 02:44 AM.
    folks, relax. dont expect any update. in case it does happen, well then it'll be a bonus and a good way that palm shows appreciation to us. but like i said in the beginning of this thread, palm is more interested in future devices than showing gratitude to treo650 users in the form of a another (definitely pretty necessary) firmware update. i'll hang on to my gadget for another year (i have sort of gotten used to its limitations) and see what's available in the market in a years time. the ultimate palmOS based treo might be out by then. i'm just sitting back now
    in fact, I'd already decided to pass on o PPC leaving PalmOS aside. Well I really need to use VoIP which needs Wifi and specific voice protocol (such as SIP)

Although yesterday Mobivoip was announced for PalmOS, it currently works on their own SIP proxy and I still don't have wifi connection.
    Maybe sometime in the future we'll see some PalmOS device that has built-in wifi and SIP software. But I guess I won't be using it. If I use PPC once, then I think I'll never turn back to PalmOS.
    wifi on 650 I feel will never be given. Wish lists can be expanded or collapsed but its a truth that fututre Treos will be the focus of the company not improving exsiting Treo 650 or 600.

Have they improved 600??? So there is ur answer
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex
    I feel that the 700p was the "firmware upgrade"
    Quoted for truth.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Don't forget! We are not the customers of Palm, but the carriers.

They put money in the Treo's and want to urn this back throught the high data plans.
    Only when the first new Treo's are sold from a local store without a carrier service plan, then we get wifi on the Treo and maybe an upgrade for the older ones.
    Palms wifi response about form factor, battery life, etc is bull****.

It's all about the carriers.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericnlu
    Don't forget! We are not the customers of Palm, but the carriers.

They put money in the Treo's and want to urn this back throught the high data plans.
    Only when the first new Treo's are sold from a local store without a carrier service plan, then we get wifi on the Treo and maybe an upgrade for the older ones.
    Palms wifi response about form factor, battery life, etc is bull****.

It's all about the carriers.
    We are ultimely the customers of Palm. The carriers are just resellers. We drive the carriers to our needs, who in turn drives palm. They either respond to our needs or they dont.

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericnlu
    Palm sells unlocked, "generic" GSM Treos directly and through third-party sellers.

There is no such thing as an "unlocked/generic CDMA Treo" and never will be because of the obsession in the CDMA world of very tightly tying equipment to carriers via carrier-specific firmware, subsidy locks, ESN databases, etc.

-SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
    June 6th is almost here.....
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx
    . . . . i'll hang on to my gadget for another year (i have sort of gotten used to its limitations) and see what's available in the market in a years time. the ultimate palmOS based treo might be out by then. i'm just sitting back now
    Ditto. The 700p is the interim between the 650 and the next best thing!

With news that Motorola is coming out with its own Q phone running Windows (thinner than the RAZR and nice looking keypad), Palm is definitely going to feel more heat to come up with something to compete. The PDA/phone market is going to be the growth area in mobile phones as more people catch on to it. And as the companies make them "sexier" and easier to use.

I've gotten use to the 650 and don't see the rush to upgrade. A year from now sounds like a good time to revisit the upgrade waters.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    /me crosses fingers and waits for June 6th...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    All the updates in the world would not give me evdo on the 650
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by scythe000
    /me crosses fingers and waits for June 6th...
    The 6th day of the 6th month in the year 2006? Something tells me that the new firmware (if it ever will be) WON'T be released on that date!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast