Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Still no verification on this?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    My fantasy is a Treo that never resets and never loses memory/prefs Etc.

Thats all im simple minded today.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    they haven't even put a mac rom up since the updated windows version 4 months ago! this rumour seems unlikely.
    I'm not going to read the whole thread but did anyone mention that the post of having an update on 6/6/6 could be when hell freezes over? ;-)
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1

You might wanna try this..

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113389

worked for me. It's been 5 days straight for me no resets.
    Here's the update:

Major Firmware update coming for the Treo 650. (codename lowtide) It
    should be released shortly after Sprint starts selling the 700P. (This
    will be done to keep the Treo 650 platform competive)

This firmware will include:
    - New application: "Get Blackberry Connect" to ease installation and
    configuration of BBConnect clients.
    - New application: "Get MobiTV" (This is a Cingular only customization).
    - FAT32 support (Allows use of the new 4GB SD cards)
    - Updated Bluetooth support. (New handsfree devices)
    - Pockettunes will replace Realplayer
    - WiFi drivers for Palm's WiFi card
    - Will add Drive Mode support (Allows your device to function as a USB
    SD card reader.)
    - Will free up usable memory by compressing the ROM image
    - Blazer update to support additional fonts
    - Will add Palm's file explorer
    - Launcher updates. Will add new memory management features in order to
    increase the efficiency and improve the useability of running
    applications off of an expansion card
    - Firmware update will also enable future "over the air" firmware
    updates.
    - Updated AddIT client to support buying and installing third party
    application software over the built in wireless data link.

Thoughts?
    most thoughts expressed here.

There a review yesterday I believe on mytreo.net regarding long term Treo Wireless Headset usage .... author's says best option for "650" .... I agree.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 05/12/2006 at 09:30 PM. Reason: removed link, after merged
    Absolutely agree. Just fix the bugs first before even think about more features.

Quote Originally Posted by hofs1

Quote Originally Posted by hyiu000
    Absolutely agree. Just fix the bugs first before even think about more features.
    What are your current bug complaints?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    What are your current bug complaints?
    Well, the handset volume changes all the time after I used BT DUN. And it did once went into soft reset when I was just looking into the phone call list. Then the phone function disappeared even after a hard reset, until I reload the backup from BackupMan. Some people call that instability, I like to call that bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    most thoughts expressed here.

There a review yesterday I believe on mytreo.net regarding long term Treo Wireless Headset usage .... author's says best option for "650" .... I agree.

I'd posted my comment in the bluetooth section, I guess a moderator moved it to here. My question is this really -- if this update is in fact coming, what headsets would be able to take advantage of the stereo sound / updated bluetooth stack to provide better or clearer communications?
    While they may improve (debug) the BT stack, I doubt that they'll add A2DP. You'll still need to use SAG to get stereo music via BT, probably.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by ricochet
    Major Firmware update coming for the Treo 650. (codename lowtide) It should be released shortly after Sprint starts selling the 700P. (This will be done to keep the Treo 650 platform competive)
    Thoughts?
    I still can't figure out why they would want to keep the 650 competitive, with what, the 700p? That just doesn't make any sense. If anything, that will take away from 700p sales.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    The 650 is just now being marketed for businesses in other country's that are still on the up in regards to their networks. We won't have full EV-DO and UMT's till the begining of 2007. Other country's are just stepping up to egde and 1rxt
    HSDPA was being rolled out at the rate of 12 - 15 MMA (major metro areas) per month, the accelerated pace coming from Cingular having hired a total of 6 contractors to do the job. At last published count I have seen, there were 51 covered MMAs as of March 1st that had upgraded to HSDPA 3.6 (though originally scheduled for 12-18 months down the line, they are doing the 3.6 software upgrade at the same time as teh originally planned HSDPA 1.8 rollout). Again that 51 is "independently published" not "claimed by the carrier". In January, Verizon and Sprint "claimed" 150+ MMA's but would only let journalists test in 60 and 45 respectively, compared to only 20 for CNG.

There was one rumor on a blog site that CNG may be slowing that down to concentrate on remaining burps related to the AT & Tingular Merger and the rebranding of Cingular back to AT & T again....but that rumor hasn't been repeated.

All carriers are "claiming" 90+ % completion by the end of 2006.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Why would the 650 be upgraded if everyone (all the early adopters, 99% of the posters) is chomping at the bit for the 700p which will from what I understand, have faaster internet connection and better camera- 2 things that are unfixable in the 650. Which comes first? Update or 700p release? (chicken or egg???)
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    It looks like there are plenty of good reasons why they should do both ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by ricochet
    Here's the update:...

...Thoughts?

Ricochet, are you reconfirming these updates or just quoting it?
    current: GSM Unlocked, SonyEricsson T610 Unlocked
    macuser: AI 1.5 & Pismo 500
    Actually, since Cingular and T-Mobile (and other GSM carriers) are lagging behind with the high-speed data networks, they are pretty much stuck with the 650. They most likely won't release the 700w or 700p until the high-speed data capability is in place for a significant portion of their networks. This leaves them with the 650 and trying to convince people to stay on their service with the older device. A good way to do that would be to release a major software/firmware update to make the 650 more competitive with the 700's. Palm officially announced the upcoming availability of the 700p on Sprint and Verizon this morning via email. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I personally don't have any intention of leaving Cingular anytime soon and don't see any benefit to me personally of upgrading to a 700p, so even if Cingular started selling them, I'd still stick with the 650 and most likely wait for the next iteration beyond the 700's.
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer
    Actually, since Cingular and T-Mobile (and other GSM carriers) are lagging behind with the high-speed data networks, they are pretty much stuck with the 650. They most likely won't release the 700w or 700p until the high-speed data capability is in place for a significant portion of their networks. This leaves them with the 650 and trying to convince people to stay on their service with the older device. A good way to do that would be to release a major software/firmware update to make the 650 more competitive with the 700's. Palm officially announced the upcoming availability of the 700p on Sprint and Verizon this morning via email. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I personally don't have any intention of leaving Cingular anytime soon and don't see any benefit to me personally of upgrading to a 700p, so even if Cingular started selling them, I'd still stick with the 650 and most likely wait for the next iteration beyond the 700's.
    Regardless of how far they built out their 3G networks, why would that stop Palm and/or the carriers from releasing the new phone now? The 3G systems are now standardized so the phones can be certified in advance. Chipsets are available. The phone would also be backwards-compatible with EDGE and GPRS. There are a number of markets where 3G is already deployed. I agree with the other points, but I kind of doubt they are waiting for GSM 3G to reach some kind of critical mass as a threshold. I just don't see the business case in that. My $0.02.

Sam
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast