Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    i just got a new treo 650 and it has 1.13b on it
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Networx2002
    i just got a new treo 650 and it has 1.13b on it
    Wow haven't seen that?????
    This is a Sprint Phone? And whats the hardware revision?
    sorry never mine , it is 1.13 a but the hardware is b
    How can they put Pocket Tunes in the ROM? It won't work from there
    Quote Originally Posted by rhlb
    How can they put Pocket Tunes in the ROM? It won't work from there
    Not quite. The 700P happens to have pTunes built-in the rom. See post #14. (at least it did, I'm assuming not much has changed)

As far as the plausibility of the update...I don't find it that hard to believe. To be honest, those aren't huge updates and if you think about it, for 5.4.9 (700P) they probably fixed and tweaked a lot of the OS, so why not pass that on to the 650 and get everything even OS-wise, while maintaing hardware differences?

I guess the only two I'd be skeptical of are wifi drivers and pTunes (though not for the reason above).

Just have to wait and see...won't hold my breath though
    I am just hoping that because they are waiting a year & a half (all previous updates have been once every year) to release this "updated" Treo, that it will be worth waiting longer. I hope this new Treo will blow our expectations out of the water. I believe the longer one is "teased", the bigger the pay off should be. if all we see is this same small incremental increase BS (evdo, wifi "capable", 64 MB mem, 1.3 mP) then I will be pissed!!! I didn't wait one & half years for a phone that is a year behind most other phones in it's clas...
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I am just hoping that because they are waiting a year & a half (all previous updates have been once every year) to release this "updated" Treo, that it will be worth waiting longer. I hope this new Treo will blow our expectations out of the water. I believe the longer one is "teased", the bigger the pay off should be. if all we see is this same small incremental increase BS (evdo, wifi "capable", 64 MB mem, 1.3 mP) then I will be pissed!!! I didn't wait one & half years for a phone that is a year behind most other phones in it's clas...

Sorry Treoneo, this seems to be the expectation:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=151

I feel the changes are significant. . . . . .IMHO.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/18/2006 at 06:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Druce MacFarlane
    There is already minimal reason to pay $400-500 to upgrade to the 700. Why would they muddy the waters by narrowing the gap. Many of these features might me the reason for some to upgrade.
    I think Druce hit this one right on the button.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    Thanx for the link Perry but I am not satisfied but I guess most people her have been brainwahsed into accepting dog doo doo as tri tip steak because they haven't had anything to eat in a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Sorry Treoneo, this seems to be the expectation:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=151

I feel the changes are significant. . . . . .IMHO.

Cheers, Perry
    I know this doesn't carry much weight...but, I was on the phone with a Sprint customer service rep today updating my retention plan, and she said that her system currently shows the 700p will be available from Sprint in June '06. She also said that about a week ago (the last time she checked), it showed May '06.
    If this really happens, how are Palm going to convince existing 650 owners to upgrade to the 700p?
    for the people that want wifi:
    why would wifi matter if you get speeds of 400-600 kbps with an unlimited data plan for the 700p? i have sprint now and i regularly get 120-140 kbps now and surfing the web isnt that bad, i have wifi on my dell axim x51v ppc but i rarely use it,just don't see what all the fuss is about.........ASSUMING the 700p data SPEED is up to par that is.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    I'm fairly pessimistic when it comes to rumors about a company giving useful upgrades away for free, but for some crazy reason I'm inclined to believe this rumor, if for no other reason than the fact that the AddIt upgrade makes so much sense. I've been thinking for a while about how Palm has the ability to make so much extra revenue by selling add-on software through their own software store via a Treo wireless app. In light of the fact that smartphones (i.e., the Treo line) is Palm's main focus these days and Palm is the only active Palm OS licensee left, PalmGear and Handango could kiss much of their Palm OS software revenue goodbye if Palm decided to take advantage of their advantage.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    This will not happen, don't kid yourselves. What ever happened to the update that was supposed to come in February? Palm has done nothing but disappoint from the release of the 650. I may go to the 700p but likely will opt for the 700w instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    for the people that want wifi:
    why would wifi matter if you get speeds of 400-600 kbps with an unlimited data plan for the 700p? i have sprint now and i regularly get 120-140 kbps now and surfing the web isnt that bad, i have wifi on my dell axim x51v ppc but i rarely use it,just don't see what all the fuss is about.........ASSUMING the 700p data SPEED is up to par that is.
    Those that want WiFi want coverage where EV-DO does not reach. . . . . . at least that's what I remember reading. . . .
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Those that want WiFi want coverage where EV-DO does not reach. . . . . . at least that's what I remember reading. . . .
    Or those who don't want to pay $45 a month for EVDO network access.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    look at the list again.
    It's totally useless.
    I can careless for those features.
    I want EVDO and the 700P!
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    Or those who don't want to pay $45 a month for EVDO network access.
    $10 with sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    $10 with sprint
    Or free, with the right plan!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Or free, with the right plan!
    well said!
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast