1.    #1  
    I recently upgraded to 1.20 ENA and plan to do a custom ROM that includes FAT32 and Snapper Mail in ROM.

But I want to reload all the other crap and put a good file deinstaller first.. Then any time I try some software I can blow it off completely..

What are the best steps to approach this?
    NeatFreak
    Just call me Berd.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    NeatFreak

Ok, how about the steps to follow?

Hard Reset? Load Custom Rom? Load Neatfreak? then install the rest of my apps (Tom Tom, ptunes, Snapper, etc)
    I use the 20 step prpgram outlined in 3rd message here for a device to device move.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108492

This can be adapted to your purposes or you could probably shorten the steps by deleting everything in your Palm\userbame\backup and archive folders and then starting from Step 8. Make a copy of your username folder to a safe place before starting anything.
    Just use a backup program like Resco backup. Do a backup before you install something. You really should be using a backup program anyhow.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Just use a backup program like Resco backup. Do a backup before you install something. You really should be using a backup program anyhow.

I use Backupman...
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    If he is trying to get rid of a bunch of misplaced / leftover files fron long ago deleted programs, what good will backing them up and restoring do ? Won't that just put all the junk right back where it was ?
    Then any time I try some software I can blow it off completely..
    I thought he wanted to try new programs and if they didn't work, to go back to what he had before. Backup does that well and it is also a program that you really need in your palm.