1.    #1  
    My call timer stops counting at 31 seconds, the same time my screen shuts off. However if I turn the screen on, like to adjust the volume during a call, the timer jumps ahead to the right time. My device also has this slight "pop" that is audible throught the ear piece when the screen shuts off. I have a Cingular locked unit that I updated to 1.17 when I bought it 3 months ago, and I recently updated it to 1.17b, but that made no difference.

My question is, would the ROM be causing the call timer to act up and would I be able to or should I try a ENA or ROW ROM on my device? Do you think that would help at all?

Aside from these two issuse my device has been rock solid. I don't think that "pop" affects anything at all beside my ear, but could it be that it has something to do with the timer?

Does anyone have any ideas?
  2.    #2  
    With all these smart people on TC, surely someone has something to say about this.
    I don't think the call timer is a big deal, it just is sleeping when the screen goes to sleep. Same thing happens w/ ptunes. When I wake the phone the timer jumps ahead.
    Try setting in prefs under power to power off at 2 min. and see if same thing happens at 2 min.

The pop noise may be also related. Don't know. Some time back I was getting a faint whistle noise, but for some reason it's gone. Maybe it will come back. Don't know if related to fw or sw.
    Switching to ENA or something else has it's risks, I couldn't say that it would fix your concerns.

P.S. I am not the "Smart One" your looking for.
    Just call me Berd.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the response. If I understand you correctly, your call timer does not work properly either?
    No, Mine works fine.
    I was just giving a guess.
    Sorry, Maybe Someone Else can Help.
    Just call me Berd.
  6.    #6  
    Can anyone else help me out a little bit?
    I have never seen this with my Treo, I don't think it is a ROM issue.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS