Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I should have joined this forum before I bought this thing. Just like the testimonys stated, it drops calls and its hard to hear on. If anyone is interested in buying this thing, I'm listing it in the classifieds tonight. I have 2 house chargers and a car charger to go with it. It has minor scratches on it, and everything works great to my knowledge. Let me know. Email me at jbj454@bellsouth.net
    JB
    Wow, that's quite a sales pitch there big dog. Sign me up for 3.
    whats the problems you are having with it?

maybe we can help
    Quote Originally Posted by impalasscars
    I should have joined this forum before I bought this thing. Just like the testimonys stated, it drops calls and its hard to hear on. If anyone is interested in buying this thing, I'm listing it in the classifieds tonight. I have 2 house chargers and a car charger to go with it. It has minor scratches on it, and everything works great to my knowledge. Let me know. Email me at jbj454@bellsouth.net
    That just looks funny after you've complained about it.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    isnt this funny to learn how to pet treo650 . I mean here we learned all that time how to get volume up, fix 3rd party softwares issues etc and here is someone selling his pet because he dont know how to pet it. I learned how to make it work here on Treocentral. I will buy it anyway, if you sell it for half price . I pet 3 of them and 5 others Treos for other people. I can find a way how to make it work .
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    huh?
    lol, ok, i am not the only one
    Someone in Alabama knows how to use a Treo?

Or maybe that's what the problem is.
    I'm not quite sure were this thread is going..but I would really like to know how to pet my treo. Any help on this would be appreciated.

By the way....My treo is working fine. I just thought you'd want to know.
    People really shouldn't be afraid to return or exchange phones within the 30 day period(unless you're with doesn't-give-enough-time-to-test Verizon). Don't get stuck with something you really don't want.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    isnt this funny to learn how to pet treo650 . I mean here we learned all that time how to get volume up, fix 3rd party softwares issues etc and here is someone selling his pet because he dont know how to pet it. I learned how to make it work here on Treocentral. I will buy it anyway, if you sell it for half price . I pet 3 of them and 5 others Treos for other people. I can find a way how to make it work .
    Maybe he's an average person who's not necessarily tech savvy and expected it to work out of the box? If his drops calls and he can't hear...

It's actually annoying that so many had so get 3rd party software just to hear, that should have been a given. But the dropping calls, that would have made me return the phone within one week. I don't think that can be corrected with 3rd party software, but maybe a ROM update. Maybe he can keep the phone if he gets Volume Care and does the lastest ROM update from his carrier? Its worth a shot.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Ummm Treo dropped calls due to memory issue??? What carrier??
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  13.    #13  
    Its with Verizon Wireless. It drops calls in certain areas. I was just venting. I just dont feel like chasing problems and software. The problems I have with this phone is pretty much the same problems a lot of people are having which I read once I joined this forum.

Someone in Alabama knows how to use a Treo?

Or maybe that's what the problem is.
    Very funny!
    JB
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    Ummm Treo dropped calls due to memory issue??? What carrier??
    I thought those would be hardware issues too, but some people claim their phone's reception and also volume is better after a ROM/firmware update. Since I never had a dropped call problem or volume problem, I can't say for sure.

W/Cingular, had those problems until I got the firmware/software upgrade. Pretty rock solid since then.
  16.    #16  
    where to get that software upgrade? I'll try that out first to see if it helps
    JB
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/treo/treo650verizon/

scroll down to downloads: 1.04 updater for Verizon 650

Cheers, Perry
  18.    #19  
    I'll try it when I get home this evening. Is there software I have to download to sync my phone with my personal email or its just a settings and setup process I need to follow. Some of the guys are probably right. I need to just spend some time and explore this thing, and find the power/capabilities that it really has. I'll see how it goes when I install the software. Thanks everyone
    JB
    I will need a Verizon user to chime in on the email setup. . . . .

If you missed this thread, it has alot of good info:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=82079

If you will be using Docs to Go:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240

Cheers, Perry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast