1.    #1  
    Hi,

in my line of 3D games which support the Treo keyboard I've added Duke3D, a nice port of a great game. Visit http://www.metaviewsoft.de to download the port and http://www.3drealms.com/duke3d/ to grab the demo files.

Enjoy
    Henk
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Is this the same version that barely runs with UDMH if you run off a warm reset, etc? Or another version.

Not trying to be overly critical, just curious if it's a newer version and if perhaps it's better (easier to run...)
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I have not been able to get Duke3D working, though in the past day I have gotten Doom and Quake working just fine. I will keep messing with it and see what happens, would be great to have this program!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
  4.    #4  
    Duke3D will never run without UDMH on a Treo, a TX or the LifeDrive. They just all don't have enough dynamic memory. Duke3D needs around 7MB free dynamic memory and 4 MB of free storage in the DBCache. Doom, Hexen and Heretic does run without UDMH, but it's a very low memory condition too.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I installed UDMH and played around a bit, gave each game, Doom, Quake, and Duke3D 8 megs of memory and they all run wonderfully, I am fortunate to still have an old 486 DX laying around that had Doom and Duke3D on them so I could use the full version. They do run very well, I do notice occasionally they do reset the Treo 650, this is really minor to me that being able to play this games causes a reset, so I am thrilled to be able to play this, now its time for a larger battery so I can play even longer! Great job MetaView!!! Keep up the good work!!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.