1. nja
    Last week, Sprint gave me a free upgrade to a Treo 650 (b/c they didn't have any 600 refurbs in stock--I didn't mind). Anyway, as a newcomer to the 650, I couldn't help noticing that the response on some of the buttons is slightly slower than my 600 was.

For example, when I press the hang up button to end a call, it takes almost a half second for the phone to respond. I'm a little mystified since the processor speed should be much quicker than the 600.

Any idea why this is the case or is therer anything I can do speed things up a bit?
    It seemed as though my 650 worked fine--just like the 600--until I installed the software on my Mac and tried to use Bluetooth to hot-sync. Now my on-off buttons are very slow, and if I've just turned the unit off it won't turn on again! (If I press it later it takes 1/2 or 1 second and then turns on.)
    I'm no genious, but here's one idea, although the processor speed is twice as much better than the 600, you're not using the 600. I've seen nowhere that the speed of the 650 is twice as that as the 600. the 650 is more powerful and is probably like a more difficult unit to process or whatever. More power is put into the display and it probably takes a little bit of time to get it up and running also seeing as it's 360x360 display. So I do'nt know. Just something to consider.

basically- if you have a little car, you need probably a not so powerful engine. if you have a tank- it may not run faster, but it sure as heck needs a more powerful engine.
    Currently using: Sprint Treo 650!!
    Palm Pilot - Palm V- Handspring Visor - Samsung i500 - Treo 600
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nja
    Last week, Sprint gave me a free upgrade to a Treo 650 (b/c they didn't have any 600 refurbs in stock--I didn't mind).
    Did you try and just sync your old 600's profile to your 650? If so that could cause the slowdown and create an unstanble treo.

Are you running the latest ROM?
  5. nja
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Did you try and just sync your old 600's profile to your 650? If so that could cause the slowdown and create an unstanble treo.

Are you running the latest ROM?
    Ommm. . . I think so. I used iSync (Mac OS 10.4.6) working through my Missing Sync software. I told iSync to reset all devices (which overwrites them with what's on the computer) so it synchronized my latest address/schedule backup (600) on to my new 650.

Should I have done something differently? If so, what should I do to correct? I should mention that everything seems to be running well with the exception of the sluggish button response.

BTW, I'm using the 650 as it came out of the box. Are there any firmware updates etc. I should download, install?
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    To check your firmware go to your phone app then options then phone info. Under software it will list your firmware. Compare this to what palm has listed for your specific provider.

As for your sync, i am sorry i don't use a Mac and can't help you with that. I can say on the PC i had to to remove/rename my back up folder then sync with a fresh profile and reinstall all my apps from scratch.

Perhaps someone else with a mac on this board could be more specific on what you should do.