1.    #1  
    After several months of great service I think I'm having trouble with my Sony HBH-300. Or am I? People are now complaining that the audio level is way too low. This wasn't the case at all when it was new. Or could it be the phone acting up and not the headset? Anyone else experience this?
    Somehow this message should be in the Bluetooth sub forum... some mod want to move it so it has a proper audience?

I've had my HBH300 for many months with no issues like that.

Have you resolved it? If not, my recommendations:

1. deleted the device from the BT manager on your Treo and re-pair it. It's a crap shoot but you never know.

2. ensure there is not dirt or oil wedged in the mic hole(s). If so you might be SOL without opening the plastic shell to clear it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    After several months of great service I think I'm having trouble with my Sony HBH-300. Or am I? People are now complaining that the audio level is way too low. This wasn't the case at all when it was new. Or could it be the phone acting up and not the headset? Anyone else experience this?
    My HBH-300 has the same problem too. The mic decided to "di-sensitize" after about 10mths of usage. I need to pull the mic directly in front of my lips for it to capture a meaningful volume. Took it to the service centre countless number of times only to have the firmware installed & reinstalled over and over again by the clueless tech reps. In the end I gave up and retired it.

Been using a wired headset while waiting for the new SE & Motorola MiniBlue headsets to come out.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    My HBH-300 has the same problem too. The mic decided to "di-sensitize" after about 10mths of usage. I need to pull the mic directly in front of my lips for it to capture a meaningful volume. Took it to the service centre countless number of times only to have the firmware installed & reinstalled over and over again by the clueless tech reps. In the end I gave up and retired it.

Been using a wired headset while waiting for the new SE & Motorola MiniBlue headsets to come out.
    Curious... did the Sony Ericsson service center offer to replace the unit entirely or was it out of warranty by that time?
    Quote Originally Posted by patord
    Curious... did the Sony Ericsson service center offer to replace the unit entirely or was it out of warranty by that time?
    I still had over two months before the warranty ran out but SE refused to do an exchange. Their tech engineer claimed that the headset worked as it should. They offered to do a firmware re-install but by then I was too frustrated to be bothered. The consumer association body isn't too consumer-orientated here in Singapore...
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
  6.    #6  
    Mine also doesn't want to pair sometimes. Sorry about posting in the wrong forum. I was brain-dead when I posted originally.