1.    #1  
    This may be a dumb question to some. I currently have a CDMA Treo from Sprint. I've read alot about fixing your own treo and how it would probably be cheaper to go that route then to have the insurance. I was just wondering if I were to buy a broken treo off of someone else would it matter if it was GSM or CDMA. Can the parts be inner changeable.
    That would depend completely on what exactly is wrong with your "broken" treo. There should be no reason that something like the keyboard or the screen wouldn't be interchangeable. The same would not go for the motherboard.
    I'm running a Sprint motherboard in my Cingular (GSM) phone and posting this message from it. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    If you figure out what you need to fix know what parts you may need, you might be able to get them here according to my other post:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=good+vendor
    I would imagine that at the very least the MoBo and radio would be carrier specific.....or atleast CDMA vs GSM specific.
    The mobo is generic. Apparently the daughterboard carries the carrier stuff, which makes sense.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

How hard is it to replace a sprint motherboard with a sprint motherboard? is it a drop in fix or will I have to synch all my data back to it (or do anything even more involved)? Where does the rom live - motherboard or daughter board? Thanks!
    It is not difficult ro replace the MB, but it is easy to break some of the stuff inside so be very careful.

You will have to restore a backup after replacing the MB. I would hard reset and update the firmware first, if necessary.

Good luck!

Thanks Tonylmiller! The MB is on its way from performancepda.
    Got motherboard - in the process of updating firmware before moving my data to it. Initial observations:
    1. All your data (programs, the rom, etc) are stored on the MB, not the daughterboard
    2. performancepda is not selling new motherboards. I know this because I have access to all of some guys information - apps, text messages, pictures, everything. I careful review of the performance pda site does not specify new.
    3. My phone radio information did not automatically transfer - I am hoping when I sync my data to the new board, that the phone info will reappear.

I will post the outcome.
    Hot Diggity-Dog - It Lives!
    Tried to sync my profile to phone before updating firmware - entered a troubling reset loop. A hard reset stopped that. Installed new firmware then synched my current profile and viola - My 650 is as good as refurbished!

Also saw that the camera was different on the new motherboard - bezel looks knurled rather than like a hex-head. Pictures seem clearer - but old cam may have been damaged in a bubble solution incident.
    Congrats!