Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    i just bought a 2 gb pqi sd card, i slipped it into my treo 650, and tried to format it, and its taking forever. so i popped it out and tried to put it back in and it ask to format, i select ok, and Formatting... goes across the screen and its just sitting there.

i put it up to my ear also, and i can hear a noise from the speaker. some wierd like..rumbling or very low tapping, but fast.

is the card bad? should i take it back and replace it?

can the treo 650 handle a 2gb card anyways?
    I would take it back. It should not be doing that. Yes, it can handle the 2GB cards out of the box. 4GB with ROM modifications.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTTi
    i just bought a 2 gb pqi sd card, i slipped it into my treo 650, and tried to format it, and its taking forever. so i popped it out and tried to put it back in and it ask to format, i select ok, and Formatting... goes across the screen and its just sitting there.

i put it up to my ear also, and i can hear a noise from the speaker. some wierd like..rumbling or very low tapping, but fast.

is the card bad? should i take it back and replace it?

can the treo 650 handle a 2gb card anyways?
    I have toshiba sd card (2.0 GB), My Treo 650 can read the card, but when I put the card in my laptop, I can't read. Any suggestion?. I will like to send movies and songs to my card, directly from my computer to my card. Thanks. I can do this with my 1 GB card, but not with the 2 GB. Thanks
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by armevi
    I have toshiba sd card (2.0 GB), My Treo 650 can read the card, but when I put the card in my laptop, I can't read. Any suggestion?. I will like to send movies and songs to my card, directly from my computer to my card. Thanks. I can do this with my 1 GB card, but not with the 2 GB. Thanks
    Hi, I've got the same problem. I have a 1GB card and everthing works fine. But then I got a 2GB card and when I formatted it on a PC, it only formatted to 1GB. Plus on my Mac, I get i/o problems.

I think it may be the card reader.

Did you ever figure out your problem?
    try formatting it in your pc and then formatting it again in your treo.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx
    try formatting it in your pc and then formatting it again in your treo.
    Formatting on the PC always results in a partition of 1 GB. Formatting in my Treo works fine and formats to 2 GB.

However, the problems always start when I plug into my Mac and try to copy files onto the SD card. I get an i/o error.

I've found other people out there that have experienced the same thing out there and they've said it was the card reader.

I've got a cheap $10 card reader. That may be the problem. I'm just trying to find out which card readers will work for me.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    How do you format the SD card on the 700W please?