1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have a T600 and the seidio in-car holder/GPS handsfree thing.. I forget the model sorry.

This in-car kit kills my phone time after time, has anyone had similar is there a fix?

I have had about 5 *new* batteries for my 600, they all died within a month while i was working in that vehicle, the new one i had from a different supplier seemed to last fine but i havnt used the car kit on it, i assumed the battery manufactuer at fault, then I went on a journey yesterday and used my car kit for the first time on this battery, and today my phone is again dead. so now i am 99% certain the seidio kit is killing my phone batteries. Is it a design flaw or is my car kit broken? I can only assume the kit is overcharging the phone, presumably poor circuits that are not limiting at 12v and allowing the cars voltage fluctuations through 12-14v

I'm pretty mad, I have spent around 80 ukp on batteries and had much stress from the phones malfunctioning (the batterys stay "charged" but the phone becomes unusable, says it has signal, but intermittantly no incoming or outgoing calls work so i have missed a lot of important calls, gprs gets dropped, and the phone randomly resets itself during calls that do work)

I have another car charger, but that is not hands free, nor does it have the port for my GPS mouse please tell me there is a fix I can do to get this working? even if it does not charge the phone thats fine, so long as handsfree and gps work.

Thanks.
    stu
    Contact David Silver:

dsc@seidio.com

Car chargers are notorious for burning up phone batterirs because they aren't current limiting and usually continie charging when battery is fully charged. I don't know what kind of charger seidio builds into their GPS cradles but I have not experienced your problem with the G2350S which I have been using since january.
  3.    #3  
    I will try a quick email, and find out the model number before hand.. I wasn't even going to bother with them, i have found them beyond useless, I had a handsfree 2in1 headset that broke, they used to reply to your first email, then ignore you.. about 5times that happened. waste of time had to repair it myself in the end when it should have been a warrenty replacement
    I shall give them a second chance though.. and yes, the phone was in the charger for longer than would take to charge as it was being used for GPS, I did see the charge indicator go red/green/red a few times perhaps now you mention it
  4.    #4  
    No reply from there
    Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to solve this problem? I am going to need my GPS soon, but don't want to kill yet another battery just to use it
    Quote Originally Posted by stu@
    No reply from there
    Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to solve this problem? I am going to need my GPS soon, but don't want to kill yet another battery just to use it

Hi Stu,

My email is listed below - the one quoted above was to David Chang, who is currently out of the country. As soon as I hear from you, we'll try to isolate the problem and see what we can do about it.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com