Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1.    #21  
    Marc:

    The most frustrating thing about the web is finding things....esecially with Google. How often have we seen something and then a few days later when someone asks about it we find ourselves Googling and finding 278,000 hits. Then we are up to hit 300 and still haven't found the one we were looking for.

    Searching for something and finding the correct link is 98% of the effort. From my perspective, if someone points me to where I can find the information (98% of the work), I am more than willing to invest the two clicks (2%) and then do my own investigation and drawing my own conclusions.

    I very clearly said that "I saw this thing" and some of you "may wanna peek at it". To me that very clearly does not include any endorsement of usability, availability or fitness for any use. It was available for WM5 and I posted it in the WM5 section. I figured someone might be interested in it soon being available for Palm and thought someone might wanna follow the progress.

    The mailman puts the mail in my mailbox at the end of my driveway. He does not bring it down the driveway, ring the doorbell and read it to me but I am still thankful he does what he does. It sure beats having to go down to the PO and pick it up myself. When my wife brought be home a "to go" order from the restaurant she visted last night should I complain because she didn't reheat it and put it on a plate for me "adding further value to it" ? Should I be annoyed that I had to waste my time reheating it ? I am too scared to do that ... no, all kidding aside, I am truly grateful that she bothered to take the time to think I might be hungry and provide a means to help me satisfy my hunger.

    I don't use P-Tunes and therefore have nothing to add on the subject but I did get several thanks from users for posting about the upcoming release before it was out. If I hadn't posted, it was said they wouldn't have known to go look for it. I don't use Push and therefore would never have anything to add to the subject. But if I have information that friends who do use push might benefit from, I don't see anything wrong with sharing it ?

    Now, if I was in your shoes, and wanted to show my product in a good light, I'd be doing one of those feature comparison tables for my web site listing Chatters features in one column and each of my competition's in their own columns. As a result of my effort, you know about another competitor and can start planning or drafting what ya gonna put in the emoze column. From Post No. 2 , you have that effort now underway which you wouldn't if I hadn't posted
  2. #22  
    Jack, you have a strange way of justifying things...besides, didn't you say "matter dropped"?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  3. #23  
    I don't consider emoze a competitor, any more than I consider Sprint Business Connection or Cingular's Xpress Mail competitors. Apples and oranges.

    Marc
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    It works for the 700w as of now. And many other WM phones except the smartphone version.
    WTH! Missing avatar? Now what am I gonna look at while I'm wasting time on TC?
    Gimme the P-Funk!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Jack, ...besides, didn't you say "matter dropped"?
    Odd bit of preaching there, considering your previous post .... didn't you just get done saying ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    so let's just forget about, alright? .....Ah well, moving on.
    You seem to have a pretty good "difference of opinion" going with yaself there. If you are "moving on" and "forgetting about it", why are you posting a comment addressed to me regarding a post which was specifically addressed to someone else ?

    And as to your point, I had dropped the discussion with you ... I would have also been happy to drop the separate discussion with Marc but he chose to continue it and I complied by addressing the new points that he raised. However, the post to which you are now responding was specifically addressed to him, not you, so again, why get in the middle between the two of us in our discussion if you've "forgotten about it" and "moved on" ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    you have a strange way of justifying things
    What's strange ? can you support your statement ? I made an effort to point people to a source of information on a particular topic and was criticized because I didn't go further and spoon feed the information.....is it such a horror that one had to actually invest two clicks of their time and go read it ?

    Should we all jump on TC members who post links to Treo Central threads where questions have already been answered cause they had to click on the link, then page 2 and 3 to find exactly what they were looking for ? Geez Search / Advanced Search / Title Search is 3 clicks .... how annoying .... damn anyone for expecting me to ever do that.

    In your case, with the

    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    And that's why this strikes me as so funny. He posted it in the Palm OS section of these forums.
    comment, if ya talk about strange ways of justifying something .... when that blew up on ya, you attempted to "justify" it by blaming it on other people. As I said in the 700w pics thread, people who have an aversion to eating crow for dinner are better off not criticizing someone until they have hard evidence to the contrary. To my mind "he said, she said" comes up way short in that department. If I was not even going to bother to check the posted link, before implying that some fool posted in the wrong section I might as well tuck the dinner napkin into my collar while typing.
  6. #26  
    Jack - you must be the most infallible person on TC

    Firstly, when I said Jack, you have a strange way of justifying things...besides, didn't you say "matter dropped"?, you may have noticed that I at no point attempted to reignite our previous debate, nor were there any counterpoints to your opinion made, therefore, the matter WAS dropped(at least by me). I just found it kinda comical that you said "matter dropped"(and usually when people say that, they mean completely, not just in a certain scenario. To me, this again is an example of your strange way of justifying things), and then proceeded to compose this huge, drawn-out, ridiculous explanation with non-sensical analogies(Well Marc, even though the mama bird goes and gets the worm, eats it, and regurgitates it for the baby, the baby still has to stick its head in the mama's mouth to eat it...bwahaha!). Hence the 'justification' aspect of my post. But once again, I in NO WAY referenced our previous debate after I said so let's just forget about, alright?...Ah well, moving on.

    And in regards to your post being addressed to someone else: This is a public forum. If you wanted to carry on a private conversation with Marc you should've PM'ed him. Simple as that.

    I will now be referencing out previous debate. Sue me. I never 'blamed' anyone. Marc said Emoze wasn't available for the Palm OS. Lady Treo said Emoze wasn't available for the Palm OS. They're both two highly-respected members of these forums, and I took their word for it. And gee wiz, they were right. How exactly did that blow up on me? Hard evidence!? OK, I've got some hard evidence for ya: Emoze is not currently available for the Palm OS. Yet, in your original post it says "All you need to do is download and install our client and you'll begin to receiving Emails directly to your mobile device." I don't know about you, but being that this IS the 'Palm OS Communications' section of these forums, that's pretty damn indicative that it IS currently available for the Palm OS. Bottom line: nothing from your original post gave ANY indication that Emoze isn't currently available for the Palm OS, and would actually lead one to believe that it IS available. And since you're a known cut & paster(even though I've appreciated several of your posts!), I took Marc's and LT's word when they said it wasn't in fact available. My bad. How about we share in some crow together?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  7. #27  
    Yours wasn't the first thread about Emoze, so you can forget about people not having any way of knowing of its existence without you

    Maybe if you had searched before posting...now you're just contributing to 'board pollution'

    Free Push email available for Treo 700!
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  8. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #28  
    I think Jack should be left alone before someone really pisses him off and he quits posting new items altogether. He does an excellent job of keeping all of us up to date on new products from EVERY manufacturer and developer. I think, "Thanks for the info" would be the only appropriate response to his posts.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    I think Jack should be left alone before someone really pisses him off and he quits posting new items altogether. He does an excellent job of keeping all of us up to date on new products from EVERY manufacturer and developer. I think, "Thanks for the info" would be the only appropriate response to his posts.
    Jack - thanks for the misleading info (this was just a joke people!)
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    And gee wiz, they were right. How exactly did that blow up on me? Hard evidence!? OK, I've got some hard evidence for ya: Emoze is not currently available for the Palm OS. Yet, in your original post it says [B]"All you need to do is download and install our client and you'll begin to receiving Emails directly to your mobile device."
    Yours wasn't the first thread about Emoze, so you can forget about people not having any way of knowing of its existence without you Maybe if you had searched before posting...now you're just contributing to 'board pollution'

    Free Push email available for Treo 700!
    Well in answer to that second one, let me paraphrase a quote from an earlier post in the thread

    And that's why this strikes me as so funny. He's referencing a post from the WM5 Communications section of these forums with regard to an upcoming Palm OS product.

    And if you go back and read all I said was "Saw this and thot some of you may wanna peek..."

    Everything else in the post is a quote fom someone else. Now of you want to complain about what is contained in the quote, I suggest you take it up with the actualy party from which it originated.

    My entire contribution is stricly limited to the one statement:

    "Saw this and thot some of you may wanna peek..."

    You got a beef with those ten words, I'll answer it. If you have a beef with anything else, take it up with the party who is reponsible for it. If you went and peeked, there'd be no question that there was a WM5 product already available and that there is was an upcoming Palm OS product.

    The fact still remains, there is a Palm OS version in development and TC members who use POS, and therefore have no reason to read the WM5 Communications section, now know about it.

    I took Marc's and LT's word when they said it wasn't in fact available.
    In fact, "they" didn't say that. Marc said it but was simply mistaken. As for relying on LT, your hahahahaha post precedes LT's so how were you relying on LT before she even posted ? And LT never says there was no POS version. She says "It works for the 700w as of now." Now to me that implies that there's other versions but that they aren't fully functional as of yet.

    And since you're a known cut & paster(even though I've appreciated several of your posts!),
    What's your point ? Is there something inherently wrong with posting links to pieces of information containing info on new products which TC members might find useful ? Do you know of a more efficient method to get a link on a page than cut and paste ?

    Many like twitch above and the other links I listed are appreciative of the effort. Or is it just as a known instigator you just have to get into a certain amount of "rows" each time you log onto TC ?

    I have greatly benefited from links here which point me to places where I can get more info. I see no harm in returning the favor. I think TC Members interested in the topic can benefit from the info...assuming of course that read it. The initial paragraph gives a sense of what the product is about and the link takes them for more details....details which make it readily evident a Palm OS version is forthcoming.

    Like an RRS site, the posting of a link and the initial paragraph of a story does not imply an endorsement or place any responsibility on the one providing the info. All I was saying is "Hey look what these guys are saying". If you are interested in the product,.... now, next week, next month or next year.....go read the rest of the story, get the details and draw your own conclusions.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    I think Jack should be left alone before someone really pisses him off and he quits posting new items altogether. He does an excellent job of keeping all of us up to date on new products from EVERY manufacturer and developer. I think, "Thanks for the info" would be the only appropriate response to his posts.
    Thanks Twitch..... I try and be helpful as much as I can. Sometimes I just don't have enough time to be as descriptive as I might like but I think most peeps are willing to hit a link and get the details on their own without complaining if they are not spoon fed.
  12. #32  
    Right. I'll take it up with whomever wrote the article for YOU misleading people. You keep saying that 2 clicks isn't much to ask, and I tend to agree. However, it would've also taken you about 5 seconds(depending on how fast a typer you are, of course) to add "This is not currently available for the Palm OS, but in the works", saving a lot of confusion and misunderstanding. When I laughed after Marc's orignal post towards you, it wasn't because I agreed with him - on the contrary. It was because I think it's hilarious when he semi-flames people(the thread where he calls khaytsus a '*****' like 3 different times is friggin' classic). Admittedly, Marc's post saying Emoze wasn't available was probably enough to convince me that it wasn't, and prevent me from clicking the link(being that he's the big email expert - not you), and LT's post just confirmed it for me, but I don't really recall. I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong, so yeah, I'll just err on the side of caution and admit that you got me there. My bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    In fact, "they" didn't say that. Marc said it...
    That has to be the funniest, most contradictory thing I've read all day. First you paraphrase me, the criticize me for paraphrasing someone else. That's just a smidgeon hypocritical, wouldn't ya say?

    And you must've missed the part where I said "even though I've appreciated several of your posts!" And I do appreciate them - I just don't think you read the articles you post before posting sometimes(and I'm not the only one who suspects as much, given certain responses). If so, you probably would've mentioned(because you're such a helpful guy - and I don't debate that) in your original post in this thread that Emoze wasn't currently available for the Palm OS, but was in work, however, and you probably wouldn't post about a web browser more than 5 years old as if it was new and then play it off as if you were doing a favor for new users, either. If that were the case I'd expect to see several more threads from you on 'oldies but goodies', but I haven't seen stuff like that from you in the past, so I highly doubt it. Why don't you just admit it? You're capable of making a mistake too, you know. You are human, aren't you?

    And in regards to the "rows" comment: You may have noticed my location as being in Hawaii. You may also know that we're a few hours behind you guys over here(I think I'm 6 hours behind you - not sure though). So a lot of the time, when I'm posting in the late evening here in Hawaii(which is usually when I'm most active), it's the we hours of the morning on the mainland, and TC is pretty much dead. Then people on the mainland wake up, visit TC, and often times the threads I posted in while they were sleeping are at the top of the list. Simple.

    Something you can't debate: YOU posted a quote indicating that Emoze was currently available for the Palm OS - without saying otherwise - which resulted in a misleading thread. Sure I could've followed the link blah blah blah, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a misleading thread.

    Also, I've seen you post several times about being annoyed with people posting a new thread about a pre-existing topic, saying they need to search first to prevent board pollution blah blah blah, and then you go and do the same thing! And if it mattered what section of the forums it was in you wouldn't see the mods merging so many threads from different forums. Besides, this thread is primarily about Emoze, and it's in the 'Palm OS Communications' section! AND it precedes your thread by almost 10 days. And then there's this thread in the 'WM Communication' section, which also precedes your thread by about 10 days. Wait - where did you post your Emoze threads again? Oh, that's right, you posted them in the 'Palm OS Communications' section, and the 'WM communications' section. Oops. Justify your way out of that. I guess you should've taken some of your own advice and searched before posting Newbies do it and they get flamed, you do it and you're doing some sort of community service Again, you're being just a tad hypocritical.

    I WILL NOT post in this thread again, no matter what, REGARDLESS of what your reply is(if there even is one). For what it's worth, I DO appreciate your efforts, but you aren't infallible. Keep on keeping on, and I'll catch ya the next time I feel the need to instigate
    Last edited by ShannonElements; 04/25/2006 at 06:50 PM.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  13. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #33  
    Somebody PLEASE lock this thread!
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    Somebody PLEASE lock this thread!
    You beat me to that request
  15. #35  
    Gentlemen, Gentelmen Please - I'll settle this . . .

    Marc - you are over-protective of your product turf.
    Jack - you are a posting *****.

    . . . There now, all better. Now the two of you can team up against me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions