Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A big thank you for these guides.

I'm a total newbie and managed to backup my rom & change to FAT32 first time.

Thanks again

Tosh
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by SEXybeast
    If you can't hard reset I don't know what to tell you.

Sorry
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

hi James,

So mine is doing the same reset loop. I tried both soft/hard reset.
    Only thing I did was download image off the Treo, replaced FAT.prc with FAT32.prc and upload it back.

after it went on reset loop. I downloaded the image again and the FAT => FAT32 changes did applied.

any ideas what I should do from here?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by enzoluther
    hi James,

Only thing I did was download image off the Treo, replaced FAT.prc with FAT32.prc and upload it back.

after it went on reset loop. I downloaded the image again and the FAT => FAT32 changes did applied.

thanks
    It sounds like you are able to still load the ROM, but you just don't have a useable rom to load. Correct?

If so you just need a working rom to upload. They are too big to email or I would send you one with FAT32 in it. Maybe some one could host one for you to download.
    hi James,

thanks
    You can download a custom rom and just pull ou the ace-palmos.zip and convert it in the rom tool then upload it. See if that works.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

if I have access to another Treo.

can I download the ROM off that one and upload it to mine?

where can I find custom rom?

So I guess reset loop is not the end of world yet, I can still access it via romtool...

thanks
    if I have access to another Treo.

can I download the ROM off that one and upload it to mine?

where can I find custom rom?

So I guess reset loop is not the end of world yet, I can still access it via romtool...

thanks
    Yes as long as you can acess the bootloader (rainbow screen) You are fine.

Yes you can download a working rom from another treo. If you do this BE SURE TO MAKE A COPY OF IT SOMEWHERE ELSE ON YOUR PC BEFORE YOU START CUSTOMIZING IT AGAIN
    Last edited by sxtg; 04/28/2006 at 06:07 PM.
    Make sure it is the same version/carrier as yours.

good stuff, I will give it a try.

thanks guys
    ok, guys

here is my plan to address the reset loop on my treo. Let me know if you see problems.

1) I am going to upgrade second650 from 1.13-ROW to 1.20 from Rogers (Canada).
    2) Hard reset the second 650
    3) download rom from the second 650
    4) upload the my 650 with the second 650 ROM

how does it sound? is there any hardware related issues that are part of the ROM? So that I won't "clone" my 650 with the second 650 that would impact the phone functions? Or this is more like rebuild a computer, the MAC address is tied into the hardware not software. So the ROM is like a fresh copy of XP on a different computer.

thanks
    ok, guys

here is my plan to address the reset loop on my treo. Let me know if you see problems.

1) I am going to upgrade second650 from 1.13-ROW to 1.20 from Rogers (Canada).
    2) Hard reset the second 650
    3) download rom from the second 650
    4) upload the my 650 with the second 650 ROM

how does it sound? is there any hardware related issues that are part of the ROM? So that I won't "clone" my 650 with the second 650 that would impact the phone functions? Or this is more like rebuild a computer, the MAC address is tied into the hardware not software. So the ROM is like a fresh copy of XP on a different computer.

thanks
    correct. I use the same rom to upload two Treos with no problems
    well guys,
    I finally got it back to life now (with FAT32). that was quite a learning experience. I guess we don't to ride a bike without falling a few times.

thanks for the help.
    good news

I can imagine that conversation....

Hey listen, I completely fu**** off my treo. Can I borrow yours to fix it? No really all I have to do is hook it up to this program that I used to mess mine up....
    My Verizon Treo 650 currently has the v1.03 ROM, would it be a bad idea to get a v1.04 ROM from somewhere, customize it (removing unneeded junk and adding FAT32) and upload it to my Treo? Or should I go through the "official" Palm upgrade process before trying to customize?
    Am currently using rom tool to copy rom from looping treo 650 and rom tool is stuck on "Device status - reading uploader version" anyone got any ideas? Sorry but am very new to this update stuff but have tried to read and learn as much as possible.....
    sorry guys getting somewhere now .........
  18.    #58  
    Okay guys- I just uploaded a new installer version of the ROM tool that should make lives easier for some. Give it a shot at the usual place: http://grack.com/romtool It'll still work with the update checks and all - but it might make your life easier.

I've also dumped the raw bootloader drivers for the custom ones I rolled with an installer inside the ZIP file.

If there's any problems, let me know here.
    Hey mmastrac,
    I could use some advice - I have the bootloader running the Romtool - I downloaded a custom rom from jamesgangut's post. I have been following hpspringer's 19 steps but it doesn't explain bringing in a custom rom.... I'm not sure if I click the 'upload' tab and choose one of the three options or choose or choose 'input rom' - I did try the upload route but received error that the zip file did not contain a 'boot.conf' file and ask if it was actually a rom zip...

is it possible to give me a step-by-step to upload, or download the correct file?

thanks... jake
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakerobinson
    Hey mmastrac,
    I could use some advice - I have the bootloader running the Romtool - I downloaded a custom rom from jamesgangut's post. I have been following hpspringer's 19 steps but it doesn't explain bringing in a custom rom.... I'm not sure if I click the 'upload' tab and choose one of the three options or choose or choose 'input rom' - I did try the upload route but received error that the zip file did not contain a 'boot.conf' file and ask if it was actually a rom zip...

is it possible to give me a step-by-step to upload, or download the correct file?

thanks... jake
    You'll need to unzip your current .zip file to locate the real ROM zip...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast