1.    #1  
    I discovered 2 seriosuly annoyign problems with my treo last ngiht. My friend just got his treo 650 and we were attempting to send eachother some apps and media files when I discovered something completely retarted. The treo is not discoverable by bluetooth when the keylock is on... WTF?0
    So this means in order for someone to send my a file contact or app, i must have the treo in my hand and unlock the keys????

Also i used explorer to view my sd card and try to send an avi file. Itll let me discover the device, hit send and then it give me a message about there not being enough space to perform this operation. I have 5.8mb free on the device. 2 or 3 times is just reset itself rather than giving me the message. ANy ideas how I can fix/work around these issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB
    I discovered 2 seriosuly annoyign problems with my treo last ngiht. My friend just got his treo 650 and we were attempting to send eachother some apps and media files when I discovered something completely retarted. The treo is not discoverable by bluetooth when the keylock is on... WTF?0
    So this means in order for someone to send my a file contact or app, i must have the treo in my hand and unlock the keys????
    It would suck if you had your Treo in your pocket, locked and I just walked by you with mine searching for a bluetooth connection. All I would have to do is connect and send anything to your phone without you being aware.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Also i used explorer to view my sd card and try to send an avi file. Itll let me discover the device, hit send and then it give me a message about there not being enough space to perform this operation. I have 5.8mb free on the device. 2 or 3 times is just reset itself rather than giving me the message. ANy ideas how I can fix/work around these issues?
    How big is the file?
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  4.    #4  
    Well I would still need to accept the file unless it was a harmless OBEX. One of the files was 200mb and the other was 18mb, neither worked.
    Once you have your friend's phone listed in trusted devices there is no need for your phone to be discoverable. A signal from a trusted device will wake the Treo and turn off keylock.
  6.    #6  
    He is on my trusted device list and it still doesnt work unless my keylock is off.
    isn't 200 and 18 much larger than 5.8?
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    lol; me thinks so too?
  9.    #9  
    ^^ Im not sure why that is relevant. I am sending a 200mb file FROM my phone that has 5.8mb free, not TO a phone with 5.8mb free.
    ^^ Im not sure why that is relevant. I am sending a 200mb file FROM my phone that has 5.8mb free, not TO a phone with 5.8mb free.
    Could it be that to send a file via the beam, the Treo would have to move the file from your SD card to main memory where it will not fit even on an empty Treo. Maybe it does, but I wouldn't think that the Palm OS has the ability to parse a file into little bits and send 40 separate pieces in sequence. I can't even HotSync a file that big directly to the card. Had to use a card reader to put my TomTom maps on the card as it froze HotSync.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    sometimes when i would bluetooth files from my tower to my treo it would fail or reset the treo unless i had it on and the keyguard off. Dont know how to fix it but go with what works.
  12.    #12  
    I thought about the whole caching idea, but it seems like a really poor design.