Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have paired the Treo 650 and the V60 puck successfully. I am able to dial and they can hear me, but I hear nothing from the speaker. It does not upload the address book but I wasn't expecting that to work. Anyone had any troubles hearing the phone over the speakers?
    I have a 2007 GL 450 and purchased the BT adaptor without checking for phone compatability...oops. I use the Cingular Treo 650 and hoped it would work seamlessly but I cannot dial from Comand. I can answer and end using either the steering wheel or the Comand buttons but the caller id has no name, my contacts won't upload and I cannot place a call. If I dial from the phone, the car then takes over and I can use the loudspeaker.

I could live without most features but not being able to dial out is a big issue for me. I phoned MB and they said too bad, so sad. I asked if I could return the BT module and they said no, I should have checked for compatibility first.

Can any of you actually dial out without using the keypad on your phone?
    I have the treo 650 and GL450. Neither the contacts/phone book work nor does any of the handsfree/steering wheel control buttons. There are often times when the phone is deactivated for no apparent reason. You can make a call using the keypad on the COMMAND, as well as answer and end the call, but that's about it.
    Just an FYI - the 750v and MHI bluetooth work seamlessly on the 2007 S550 with the only exception of the phone book. The Voice Command however does work so I set up a duplicate phone book on the VC and can dial all my contacts either by lookup from the jog dial or by voice. I have not had any of the problems that I had with my 700p which kept losing the connection. Every time I get in the car with my 750v, I have pairing within 30 seconds.
  5.    #25  
    I think the bluetooth problems you experienced with the 700p have to do more with the 700p than the Mercedes (Peiker) Bluetooth module.

It's nice to hear that the 750 is happy with it though. Now if Mercedes/Peiker could just come out with a modification that would enhance address book compatibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by brichter21 View Post
    I would be interested in hearing from any Argos Bluetooth Kit owner in connection with a Treo 700P (Sprint). Argos is a 3rd party product and the cost is $799 without needing ANY Mercedes Benz installed equipment (well, I believe you need to have a Comand).
    I am considering buying this kit as I am not willing to pay $1300 plus labor for "updating" to the Mercedes Benz system. Supposedly the Argos system will use the sterring wheel controls and command as if it is an original MB system....
    Oh, I am driving a 2002 230K

Thanks in advance for any opinion.
    I am having to figure out what I need also and I've looked into this item....any advice?
  7.    #27  
    Oh, another update here before I post it on MB boards. The 680 paired with my MHI bluetooth kit without any issues. Seems to work just as well as the 650 (no address book), and the volume seems to be improved. Not a surprise here given that the 680 seems to have better audio quality with headsets as well.
    I just bought a Mercedes E350 and was able to pair it with the Treo 680; however, it is having trouble making calls ... the calls cannot be completed and the Treo freezes. Any thoughts would be great...
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw77 View Post
    I just bought a Mercedes E350 and was able to pair it with the Treo 680; however, it is having trouble making calls ... the calls cannot be completed and the Treo freezes. Any thoughts would be great...
    A couple of questions:
    • Your profile doesn't say where you're located, so I have no idea whether you are speaking about an MHI or UHI handsfree system.
    • What software does your 680 have? Is it an unlocked one running ROW (mine is running 1.04-ROW) or a locked one on Cingular running CNG code?

I am also curious where you are initiating phone calls... from the Treo or from COMAND. I think I've done it both ways, but don't frequently use COMAND to dial, so can't be super-sure (though I'll test it).

When you say "hang", the phone appears to be working but totally freezes (can't tap or navigate)? Does it reset? Or is that the Treo is responsive and the call simply doesn't start?

Yes, lots of questions... but then there are lots of potential points in the process (and a variety of process steps) that can be involved. I'm am not thus far aware of any 680's that have had issues with MHI.
    I'm in the UK and have a Treo750v. I am about to get an SL350 with telephone pre wiring and am trying to work out if the bluetooth module will work with my treo.

So far it seems that there are two different systems for the US and Europe. i.e. MHI & UHI.

The European version seems to need SAP (Sim access profile) in the bluetooth stack. Do we know if this is incorporated into the 750v?

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks

Paul
  11.    #31  
    UHI is capable of SAP but does not require you use it. Treo's do not have this feature, but will work with either MHI or UHI in handsfree mode. I have also read reports that UHI systems can actually get address book information from Treos, but haven't seen it firsthand -- the MHI implementation seems only compatible with address books on Motorola phones.

The only advantage to SAP is in how it transfers the use of the phone in the car, and utilizes the car's antenna. The Treo essentially becomes a brick during this time, since the SIM in the device will become inactive while the car is using the SIM information for itself.

So, the Treo will work... it's really more of a question of whether you want to use SAP or not.
    Anyone have experience the Treo 650 with the v60 bluetooth adapter? I just purchased a 2003 MB CLK Cabrio with v60 kit inside and I have a Treo 650 from Verizon. Please respond
    Last edited by GumbyD5; 02/15/2007 at 01:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    UHI is capable of SAP but does not require you use it. Treo's do not have this feature, but will work with either MHI or UHI in handsfree mode. I have also read reports that UHI systems can actually get address book information from Treos, but haven't seen it firsthand -- the MHI implementation seems only compatible with address books on Motorola phones.

The only advantage to SAP is in how it transfers the use of the phone in the car, and utilizes the car's antenna. The Treo essentially becomes a brick during this time, since the SIM in the device will become inactive while the car is using the SIM information for itself.

So, the Treo will work... it's really more of a question of whether you want to use SAP or not.
    Thanks for the info.

so, to clarify, I could get the UHI bluetooth adaptor and use it with my 750v but it would only give limited functionality compared to using the SAP which allows full use of the built in phone capabilities in the Command unit?

Paul
    i have the handsfree communication system as an option on my e350 cure edition

has anyone been able to use a blackerry sprint phone successfully?

as i understand all i need is the bluetooth adaptor listed here:
    http://wireless4mb.com/

MHI Bluetooth Interface Module
    For most model year 2005 - 2007 vehicles equipped with
    the MHI(Multi-Handset Interface) hands-free system

This easy to use device docks in the armrest. This module will update your Mercedes-Benz MHI hands-free system to state-of-the-art Bluetooth technology.

When your phone is connected wirelessly to the MHI Bluetooth Interface Module:

Your phone book is automatically downloaded into your vehicle head unit with Mercedes-Benz approved phones (not all approved phones support phonebook download function)
    Calls are clearly delivered through your audio system
    The audio system automatically mutes the radio or pauses the CD during calls
    You can control calls via your multifunction steering wheel controls
    Controls calls via the head unit
  15.    #35  
    I don't recall hearing about that particular device. You're more likely to get a better cross-section of responses and potential users if you go to benzworld.org and check out the Audio and Telecommunications forum there.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulpenny View Post
    Thanks for the info.

so, to clarify, I could get the UHI bluetooth adaptor and use it with my 750v but it would only give limited functionality compared to using the SAP which allows full use of the built in phone capabilities in the Command unit?
    Correct
    I just got home from the dealer.... cant get the TREO 680 to work with the bluetooth adapter and the integrated phone system in the car. The system is paired and connects but then the TREO locks up. The only function that seems to work intermitently is the outgoing call function. Any hints or ideas of what might I try? MB provides no help. The treo 680 has R01.31 Firmware and 1.03-CNG software. By the way, I have the MHI hands free interface in the car.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Skaradimas; 02/24/2007 at 03:48 PM.
  18.    #38  
    I can't speak for experiences with CNG code, but I can tell you the 680 running 1.04-ROW (and 1.50 firmware) works fine in my 2006 SLK with the MHI BT adapter. The only function that doesn't work is the address book sync, but that's the same issue almost every non-Motorola device has with this BT setup.

One question, though. Are you absolutely certain that there were no other paired BT devices powered on and within range? I know that this device gets wiggy (if it's being nice you get a pop-up message) if more than one device tries connecting to it at once.
    .. is in range. The 680 however acts so random. If it tries to connect, it gets a lobotomy. The only way to reset it is to remove the batery and restart it. I'm at a loss. Any ideas where I can get some tech help? The answer is not Mercedes however.... sad.

Thanks for the quick response.
    Any new thoughts? Can't get it to sync at all. Just freezes. We'll try our old razr to test the module and then check for palm updates.

Treo 680.
    '07 Mercedes E350 w/ MHI adapter
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast