1.    #1  
    ***** problem.

Any sms from one user on Tel$tra Australia (also my provider) resets the 650 when I try to reply.

No other sms does this.

GSM unlocked.

Anybody else have this problem at all?
    yea mine resets when i receive one
    I'm with Telstra and my 650 isn't resetting when I receive, send or reply.

Are you running standard Palm ROM/Firmware?
    Could be a corrupt message DB. You could try deleting it using filez (yes, you will lose all your saved SMS messages). If it's always from the same number, and you already have one in the db from that number, you could try deleting the old ones before you delete the whole db.

Good Luck!
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  5.    #5  
    Only one sender, and I have to delete their message before I can reply. So nothing in the data base from that sender. This has been going on for several months now.

Do you still suggest then that I delete the whole db?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sydney_rpalmer
    I'm with Telstra and my 650 isn't resetting when I receive, send or reply.

Are you running standard Palm ROM/Firmware?
    Bog standard.

Firmware 01.71, software 1.20-LAP
    What does your Carried DB "Phone Info | More" say? 249 or 255?

You can delete:
    - SMS Messages*
    - SMS Quicklist*

This may help. I came across a DB with the name "SMS Adresses" no clue what that one does?
  8.    #8  
    [QUOTE=BNOYHTUAWB]What does your Carried DB "Phone Info | More" say? 249 or 255?

255. What does this mean?

Also shows "CC-Cap: LAP-LAP-001", whatever that is???
    If you update to the new release using a temp profile and then restore your original profile you may end up with an old Carrier DB (rev 249 instead of rev 255). This happened to me and caused reset with SMS Messaging (no clue why).

(Some discussion you'll find here http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=564)

This does not semm to be the problem you have! I had to kill all my SMS files in order to get everthing back to normal again (had a few templates, but they did cause resets too).
    EDIT** Im on tmobile in usa and its seems like when i get sms my phone reboots
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I'm on the Sprint network, and I've also seen this problem once or twice on friend's 650 (I have about 4 or 5 friends who have them).

I think I remember a support article on Palm's site about it. It's most definetly a corrupt messaging db. The only way I could fix it was to hard reset and reinstall apps. You can't reset and restore from backup, that will just restore the corrupt db.