1.    #1  
    I have setup Chatteremail trial version to work with Gmail and Yahoo. And i have also set the Auto-Synch to 60 mins. Yahoo works well and gets the latest. Gmail on the other hand does not get the latest everytime. It is inconsistent. Though there are new messages in Gmail . I just did a synch (Apr 13) and Yahoo has latest messages where as Gmail still got me the email till Apr 11 .

Any ideas ?

I was looking at purchasing the s/w , but If it does not work well with gmail , then i would have to look at other options.

Thanks
    Mahesh
    Without seeing a log (instructions in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com), it's hard to know, but Chatter works as well as any email client with Gmail. The problem is that Gmail is a VERY VERY flaky POP3 server; the messages available to be "POP'ed" aren't always what you'd expect, and service is inconsistent.

Your best bet with Gmail is to forward it to an IMAP host...

Marc
    Another problem may be that Chattermail sucks ... it's not always the others that screw up!
    Quote Originally Posted by BNOYHTUAWB
    Another problem may be that Chattermail sucks ... it's not always the others that screw up!
    If you read the reviews by users here on Treocentral, you will find an overwhelming majority find Chatter to be a useful, well mannered email application. Describing it as 'sucks', without any other input seems childish and ill mannered.

Gmail is flakey. You must make sure pop forwarding is enabled. After setting that up, sometimes if I go back into gmail using their interface, I need to reset the period of time that POP is active for:

Settings/Forwarding and Pop/POP download/

- reset to enable POP for all mail.

Also, even after POPing all my messages, at times they will all appear 'new' again. Hey.. at least I can read them... and read my mindspring POP emails, ...and read my work IMAPS emails pushed within seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    If you read the reviews by users here on Treocentral, you will find an overwhelming majority find Chatter to be a useful, well mannered email application. Describing it as 'sucks', without any other input seems childish and ill mannered.

Gmail is flakey. You must make sure pop forwarding is enabled. After setting that up, sometimes if I go back into gmail using their interface, I need to reset the period of time that POP is active for:

Settings/Forwarding and Pop/POP download/

- reset to enable POP for all mail.

Also, even after POPing all my messages, at times they will all appear 'new' again. Hey.. at least I can read them... and read my mindspring POP emails, ...and read my work IMAPS emails pushed within seconds.
    There it is again: Gmail has been rock-bottom stable for me for months now! In the early days of PO-support it may have been a rough ride, but that's long over since. Did it actually cross your main, that in this case its inadequate to blame Gmail? It may be your Chattermail in fact that fogets about the state of messages and downloads everything again.

So (citing another post) the original posters best bet may not be forwarding his Gmails to another account, but switching to a mail app that actually works (with Gmail and other POP accounts).
    BNOYHTUAWB -

You may believe what you want, but EVERY email client developer has the same experience with Gmail - it's a flaky system, period.

Marc
    Yes, if you do a search on Gmail you will see the Gmail isn't always stable. What works for me is just fowarding all my Gmail to my emailtreo.com and I haven't had an issue. Again, everyone has there own opinion, I (myself) truely believe Chatter is the best out there for Treo's. It took me a long time to jump ship to Chatter, because I was so used to Snapper (plus I paid a lot for it!). Then I just got tired of my emails vanishing, cause of snapper. Versacrap, was just that crap. I guess some folks have better luck with Chatter.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Sorry BNOYHTUAWB, but I have to disagree with you. I have been using Versamail and Snappermail for quite some time and because of continued problems with them I recently trialed Chatteremail. Although I am a staunch supporter of Gmail and have invited many of my friends to it, it definitely is "flaky" (to use Marc's term,.. which I find appropriate). I don't find anything that I would consider a showstopper, but Gmail seems to have it's share of server being down, slow loading and delays with sending from time to time. If this is so obvious to the end user on the front end I'm certain there are a few other "flaky" items that are encountered accessing accounts thru email clients used on our Palm devices.

Since I have set-up a free fastmail IMAP account to work with Gmail I find my Chattermail experience to be nothing less than fantastic, especially when one considers the other clients out there. As a matter of fact I am off right now to purchase my registration code for Chatteremail.