Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    After reading this thread, I'm thinking of getting the Plantronics 590a. Does this headset require the adaptor to be plugged into the Treo 650 to listen to music via ptunes and SAG? Thanks, Djinn.
  2.    #42  
    Djinn,

An adaptor is not needed. SAG connects the Treo 650 to Plantronics 590A using Bluetooth. A Bluetooth dongle is in the box in case you want to listen to a CD player or something. You can also use it as a wired headphone by plugging in the extra wire and turning Bluetooth off if battery runs out or where Bluetooth use is not allowed (in flights for example). You will need a 2.5 to 3.5 mm adaptor (not included) if you don't want to use Bluetooth.
    Prio Treo
    Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650 on T-Mobile-T-Zone
    After having my plantronics for a few weeks now all I can say is wow. I love these things. They sound awesome, pair great, and the battery lasts! I've used it the whole day without needing a charge.
    ANyone try this on a treo 700p? I want to use the SOny Ericsson HBH-DS970 whe they come out - http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...p4_1&pid=10394
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    ANyone try this on a treo 700p? I want to use the SOny Ericsson HBH-DS970 whe they come out - http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...p4_1&pid=10394

Someone here will have it soon:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...=113761&page=2
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    As I wait for my Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 to arrive ( hopefully friday or monday ), I received a reply to the email I sent the makers of SAG about any possible compatability issues with my Treo 650, and they responded by saying it should with no problems, but they have yet to receive any real feedback. Okay, we'll see. But.....the more important thing is the fact they stated a new version that will support the Treo 700p will be released in 2 to 3 weeks. Just thought I'd share that information.

-------------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint 1.13A
    Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 with SAG ????
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2
    As I wait for my Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 to arrive ( hopefully friday or monday ), I received a reply to the email I sent the makers of SAG about any possible compatability issues with my Treo 650, and they responded by saying it should with no problems, but they have yet to receive any real feedback. Okay, we'll see. But.....the more important thing is the fact they stated a new version that will support the Treo 700p will be released in 2 to 3 weeks. Just thought I'd share that information.

-------------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint 1.13A
    Where did u order these from. On Sony's site they are listed as "No Stock"

Mo
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I ordered from here :

http://www.electronicell.com/shop/it...d=217&catid=83

I ordered on 5/29/06, received order confirmation, and am waiting to receive. It is supposed to be 5 business days. I have not received any " item on backorder " status so I'm hoping to receive by friday or monday.

---------------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint 1.13A
    Quote Originally Posted by Arseniy Prusov
    Actually, calls handling is our headache We are working to improve this, but in our configuration everything is fine since 1.04 version. Also we are receiving very different descriptions from our users, so I suppose that calls handling behavior depends very much on Treo ROM / headset combination and installed software. Moreover, I can't say that calls handling even without Softick Audio Gateway is clear. Sometimes it's not too easy to setup bluetooth headset and make sure that Treo calls will be redirected correctly and headset button will work properly. I think Softick Audio Gateway may affect this situation (especially because there is more Bluetooth activity during call handling procedure), but also I can't say (unfortunately!) that bluetooth headset support implementation in Treo 650 is flawless...
    So I can recommend for anyone who have problems with calls handling, try the following situations and report us about results:
    1. Treo calls are not redirected to bluetooth headset. Softick Audio Gateway is active
    2. Treo calls are redirected to bluetooth headset. Softick Audio Gateway is not active
    3. Treo calls are redirected to bluetooth headset. Softick Audio Gateway is active

We need to know difference between these 3 cases in order to make conclusions.
    I have the Jensen WBB100RX headset and have not seen any comments on it yet in this thread although I posted a review here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=115097

1. Treo calls always redirected to headset with SAG active.
    2. Treo calls are always redirected to headset when SAG is not active. When not active, calls can be completed normally without problem.
    3. With SAG active during a call, pressing any keys on TREO causes the Treo to freeze, i.e., all buttons are non-reponsive, although the call continues. Have to soft reset to regain functionality.
    4. Incoming instant messages freeze TREO. Outgoing work ok.

Please advise, if possible.
    thanks..

Rinkeedink and others having difficulty getting SAG to handle calls properly with their headset, could you try out the procedure I've posted in another thread and share your findings? I'd like to know if other headsets would be fixed via my workaround, and from the sounds of Rinkeedink's post, I think it might help. Thanks very much.

Conrad
    Last edited by Conrad; 06/26/2006 at 11:30 PM.
    For the 700p, try version 1.03 of Audio Gateway. You can download it at
    http://www.softick.com/download.php#

I haven't tried dealing with calls with this version, but it does work for listening to music and audiobooks with my HP bluetooth stereo headphones. If you have 1.06 registered for use with th 650 as I did, the same registration code works on 1.03.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    update on Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 for 700p anyone?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    update on Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 for 700p anyone?
    In the bluetooth discussion forum under " SAG 1.08 beta released " I have posted performance results regarding the Sprint 700p, SAG 1.08 beta, and the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 headset. It works pretty well, minus the incoming number being displayed on the controller while in A2DP mode and the reconnecting issue. I've tested this extensively and if a 5 was perfect score, I'd give performance a 4.

With 1.08 still a beta, I'm pretty happy with things so far. I'm sure it will work PERFECT soon like it does with my 650. And one thing, make sure that any previous version of SAG is deleted before installing 1.08 beta, delete the headset from the device list on the Treo, and then rediscover it. The performance was much better from my testing.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I stream stereo radio stations with Pocket Tunes and Kinoma, does it also pass radio stations as well as mp3's?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    oops, nevermind i found the discussion thanks so much.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123