Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am unable to consistently reproduce this but I've had this happen twice so far... after turning off my HT820 headphones, letting my treo650 sit idle for a while, went back to ptunes and tried to initiate playback through the speakerphone caused my treo to FREEZE on the ptunes screen and totally lock up.

This is a Sprint custom ROM 1.13a heavily stripped and has been stable for over a week (eg, no resets, crashses etc) prior to installing SAG1.05. I am using ptunes 3.1.4.
    Well...I went to CompUSA today and picked up a Plantronics Pulsar 590A to see if it would work any better than the Motorola HT-820. WOW! Everything works EXACTLY as advertised. No problems with Pocket Tunes, TCPMP, or making and receiving calls. Home Run! I have had the SAG go from remote to internal by itself, though. I also think the Motos had better audio quality. My HT-820's are for sale in the marketplace if anyone is interested. CompUSA had the 590A for $119 after an instant $60 rebate.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    I did the same thing... ran to CompUSA last night and scooped up a 590A while it was still 60 bucks off. 129 out the door Works AWESOME! Sounds great, all the functions work. Pause, play etc, and my calls comes in seamless and when I hang up, right back to the music. Havnt had many problems at all. Cant ask for much much Thanks Softick, im happy to send you my money.
    Here is my findings. I am using SAG 1.05, Firmware 1.71 (Treo650-1.20-ENA), and I-Tech R35 Bluetooth adapter

1) The phone call always get directed to the Bluetooth Headset.
    2) With SAG not active, I never get any problem with R35. It can always answer and end my phone call.
    3) With SAG Active and
    a) Without music playing in P-Tunes
    - I can answer and end the phonecall with R35 by pressing the answer button on the phone without problem. I can tell the phone is reconnected to SAG afterwards from the connected bluetooth signal on the screen. And if I start p-tune now, SAG works fine. I get a crash once in a long while.
    - Similarly, I can answer and end the call with the R35 answer/end button, and SAG reconnected.

Basically, everythings seem to work fine if music is not playing.

b) With music playing on the background
    - If I try calling out, I get a softreset (9 out of 10 times)
    - If I am able to get a call out (1 out of 10 times), and end the call with the treo, the treo freezes
    - If I recieve a call, I can answer the call with R35, but when I terminate the call with R35's button, the phone freezes (2 out of 15 times), and when it doesn't freeze, the music does not restart after the call. I have to wait until I see (normally within 2 secs) the bluetooth reconnected again, and then press the play button on my R35 to restart music. So the AVRCP still works.
    - Similarly, I can also answer and end the phone call with the Treo answer and end call button without any problem.

Overall, I think most of the problem is on the out calling side, which for now, I can resolve by de-activating SAG and then make my phone call. The stability on the incoming side is OK. I can answer my call most of the time.

Other problems I find is, the range for the high quality (308kbs) seem to be quite short (i have the treo in my jeans pocket) and its stutter at times. This problem is probably caused by interference out on the street.

Using medium quality helps, but for some reason, I can hear some subtle noises on the high range of the music. I am using 224kbs mp3s. It really annoys me. Does anyone find this also?

With music playing, I launched Bejeweled (muted), the sound volume of the music decreases by itself. And once in a while, the music slows down substantially. Getting out of bejeweled fixes it.

One function that I would like to ask is to launch P-tunes by "holding" the play button on Bluetooth headset. I find the AVRCP would only work ifa) P-tunes is launched, or b) P-tunes has been launched and playing in the background. Even if lauched and paused, and then exited, I can't use AVRCP to start music playing. Therefore, this function would be helpful.

Overall, I would say SAG works

"great" on music: good quality of music. I used the shure 4c, and it is like a dream come true without the hassle of wires connecting the treo and the headset. Never get the sudden kink from door knobs, or etc. hooking the headset wires. No more fondling of wires to plug into the treo (I have made the 4c wire just long enough from i-tech to my ears)

"Good" on incoming calls. I can pretty much answer all my calls but occassionally I get a reset. No biggie since we can always call back, and it happens like once every 20 times. Music for P-tunes doesn't restart for me automaticall. But can use AVRCP to start music after the headset reconnect under the SAG profile.

"Poor" on outgoing calls. Seriously, I cannot make a phone call with SAG active. But most of us can circumvent the problem by de-activating SAG and go back to the headset profile. I find this troublesome but not unbearable.
  5. tcs
    I hope SAG developer will listen to yatbond's problem. So far looks like listen to music is ok but call handling still pretty much a headache. Hope all users can help SAG developer by describling the usage in those 3 situations. I am ready to purchase Itech R35 & SAG!
    I was looking forward to using this software. Scala 500 does not work with SAG 105 and my trouble free Sprint/T650 would freeze on phone calls.

I guess I'll have to wait for fix for call freeze. Oh well....

Chuck
    Is there a list of BT headsets that work with SAG? More particularly, are there single ear piece headsets that are also stereo?

Damon
    None of the single ear headsets support the A2DP profile that is required for SAG to work.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    I think they are working on support for mono headset though (ref. their post earlier in the thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arseniy Prusov
    (...) but in our configuration everything is fine since 1.04 version (...)
    Would you mind letting us know what your configuration is?

Overall, I am very impressed with how responsive Softick is towards issues raised by the user community . And I too look forward to having SAG support mono bt headsets. My main use is to listen to audio book, which hardly justify spending more on stereo headset or even worse having to lug the bulk of one.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by akarin
    Would you mind letting us know what your configuration is?

Overall, I am very impressed with how responsive Softick is towards issues raised by the user community . And I too look forward to having SAG support mono bt headsets. My main use is to listen to audio book, which hardly justify spending more on stereo headset or even worse having to lug the bulk of one.

Thanks!
    Our configuration is:
    Treo650-1.20-ENA, Hardware: A, Firmware 01.71. Carrier DB: 249, GSM

Headphones: Plantronics 590A, iPhono 420EX, Samsung SBH-100, +TEN naviPlay. (complete list available on the product page: http://www.softick.com/bluetooth-audio/).

We are planning to post new version (either release or experimental) today or tomorrow. We have fixed known problems with Palm TX handhelds and improved calls handling. Of course, we can't test this version with all available headsets in the world, but I hope new version should work better.

Link to this version will be published on our forum: http://www.softick-forum.com/

P.S: Thank you for such words about our team
    Best regards,
    Arseniy Prusov
    Softick Team

---
    Softick's Home Page - http://www.softick.com
    Softick's Products Download - http://www.softick.com/download.php
    ah, now i get why our problems were so different, you are on GSM. I would imagine that makes a big difference. Anyone else using GSM or is everyone else CDMA?
    I am using GSM.
    Charles

Arseniy,

I entered this in my support request form yesterday I believe but thought it worth posting here.

To aid Softick in fixing problems and making it a better product, I would like to request that a form be design that would help ask us questions in a more formatted way.

Right now, we are just randomly telling Softick our experience willy nilly.

I think if there was a form it would help organize out getting the SAG tested better and deliver Softick a easier way to help figure out the information.

Something simple as a pdf that would ask things like:

What product?

Treo 650
    Hardware version:
    Software version:
    Carrier:
    Audio Software used: (ex: Ptunes, Audible, TCMP etc).
    Headset Brand:
    Model:
    Usage: Indoors/Outdoors (I personally get different results between the two).
    Distance before degrading of audio (approx)
    Phone handling issues:
    Answering
    Receiving:

This is just a small sample of a questionaire that could be put together to make it easier for us and Softick figure out what were doing or trying to do with SAG.

Right now it just seems willy nilly in reporting and that just might not be scientific enough to help.

Hopefully, I'm explaining this that makes sense, which is exactly the point of having a form to fill out.

Thank you and I hope this suggestion is taken in the positive that it is meant.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

15.    #35  
    I managed to stop the hangs (crashs) while using PTunes and SAG 1.05 with plantronics 590A right after a call. I had changed a setting in PTune under Advanced Preferences. I checked "Start Playing on Startup."

If this is checked, my Treo hangs as soon as a call ends irrespective of who ends the call or how the call is ended (via Treo or headset). Unchecking this option stopped the hangs.

I hope this helps someone.
    Prio Treo
    Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650 on T-Mobile-T-Zone
    Hey Prio;

Does the Pocket Tunes resume after a phone call with "Start Playing on Startup" unchecked? I am at work and don't have my 590A with me to check it out.
    Charles

17.    #37  
    Hey Charles,

Yes Pocket Tunes resumes after the call is over. I usually start "Phone" bring it to the foreground after I start PTunes. But this may not be necessery with SAG1.05.
    Prio Treo
    Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650 on T-Mobile-T-Zone
    Treo 650
    Hardware version: A
    Software version: Treo650-1.13a-SPNT
    Carrier: Sprint
    Audio Software used: Ptunes, Audible
    Headset Brand: Plantronics
    Model: 590A
    Usage: Indoors/Outdoors
    Distance before degrading of audio (approx): 20 feet or so, depends on weather
    Phone handling issues: Unknown as of yet (not tested)
    Answering: Unknown as of yet (not tested)
    Receiving: Unknown as of yet (not tested)

I upgraded to 1.05 today after not using the program for a few weeks. The only issue that I've noticed so far is that every so often, the sound drops out from my 590A for about 2 to 4 seconds and then continues. It's almost as if it was a streaming issue where the program has to re-buffer. Other than that, it works fabulous for me.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
    Thanks Prio! I am currently using pre-release version 1.06, and I too have to make "phone" the application in the foreground to get the Pocket Tunes to start playing again after hanging up the call. If I leave Pocket Tunes in the foreground it stays paused.
    Charles

The Mooch,

You can try lower the bit rates. This should help. I had that problem when I set to High Quality. The range for high quality is rather short, about 2 to 3 feet, especially in areas with high interference.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast