1.    #1  
    I have had nothing but trouble with Bluetooth on my 650, especially when I trust more than one device. I have a Plantronics Voyager 510 headset (absolutely the best headset!) and a Jabra Bluetooth Speakerphone for the car.

Once I trust both, my Treo "forgets" how to connect with them. I've looked quite a bit through the forum and was wondering if anyone knows if the 700w is better and if Palm is aware of the problems and working on a fix.

Bluetooth on my Blackberry was totally reliable and fast, although I don't care for the platform.

Thanks and regards,
    Rob
    if you do a search for bluetooth then you would see that out of 100 posts about 80 posts are about how bad bluetooth in the treo650 is. So dont feel bad for youself.
    I had a couple of situations recently where I went to check out a friend's bluetooth earpiece. BOTH times I spent 30 minutes and was UNSUCCESSFUL at pairing them.

I pretty much forget that bluetooth even exists...
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    There certainly are problems with BT on the 650, but I've never had problems pairing (or keeping paired) my Sprint 650 with a laptop using a Linksys USBBT100 dongle and a Logitech Mobile Pro headset.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    I guess I've had better luck. I have a Treo Bluetooth Headset and a Bluetooth GPS unit both paired to my Treo650. I've only had to re-pair the headset once or twice in about 6 months or longer, and one of those times was after a hard reset and wasn't a surprise.

I'm not saying that there aren't problems, but it partly depends on which devices you are using (which is a problem itself).
    I've never had to re-pair my Treo 650 and my Cardo Scala 500 headset or to my sgeneric USB dongle at home. Always just works.
    I have a Moto H500 and I have to pair it every time I turn it on. Big PITA! And it does not work very well to boot. It is discouraging, but you learn and move on. It's only mpney!
    Never had to re-pair my Sony 660 or my Dell notebook (unless a hard reset or lost preferences). Getting close to a year with my 650.
    Never had to re-pair my desktop and my 650! I use it to exchange pictures all the time. I plan to try to use the 650's bluetooth to see if it will connect to the internet another phone or computer.
    My complaint isnt pairing on the 650....its the lack of bluetooth profiles the phone supports.
    Im disappointed in the range, but everything else works for me... 5 trusted devices (2 earpieces, 1 pc, 1 printer, 1 set of headphones) everything plays well together.

*edit* well my scala does lose pairing occasionally
    My $.02 is to use a wired headset with the 650. I personally recommend this headset: TheBoom v4 as I have found it to be the very best headset in the market today!

BlueTooth on the Treo 650 has 3 major flaws IMHO:

1) The volume is for the most is so low that it is unusable in any thing but a silent room
    2) These devices are half duplex. Meaning the device is like a walkie talkie in that when you are talking you can not hear the other person and likewise when the other person is talking you can not interrupt them.
    3) There is no noise reduction in the microphones in these devices. The people that you talk to can hear everything that is happening around you.

So I know the concept of Bluetooth is nice, but practically speaking they do not deliver much value. Again, IMHO, wired headsets are still the way to go for quality communications and the TheBoom v4 has the best noise canceling microphone technology you will find anywhere. I can be in an airport or traveling down the highway with my top down and my callers think that I am in my office. It is just terrific.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    My $.02 is to use a wired headset with the 650.
    Until the jack fails. Bluetooth has it's faults but so do wired headphones.
    My $.02 is to use a wired headset with the 650. I personally recommend this headset: TheBoom v4 as I have found it to be the very best headset in the market today!

1) The volume is for the most is so low that it is unusable in any thing but a silent room
    2) These devices are half duplex. Meaning the device is like a walkie talkie in that when you are talking you can not hear the other person and likewise when the other person is talking you can not interrupt them.
    3) There is no noise reduction in the microphones in these devices. The people that you talk to can hear everything that is happening around you.

So I know the concept of Bluetooth is nice, but practically speaking they do not deliver much value. Again, IMHO, wired headsets are still the way to go for quality communications and the TheBoom v4 has the best noise canceling microphone technology you will find anywhere. I can be in an airport or traveling down the highway with my top down and my callers think that I am in my office. It is just terrific.

Jeff
    Having purchased a Scala 500 for $35 I have to disagree with your assessment. Point #1 is not true with my setup. Never noticed #2 (Walkie Talkie effect), I'm interested to make another call and see if it bothers me.....I've been using the Scala for 2 weeks and haven't even noticed. #3 has merit since I've been told about background noise.

So for $35 I more than happy to not having pain in the*ss wires to deal with

Cardo Scala 500 is fine with both of these.. The headset will get very loud, and it has noise cancelation in the microphone. My wife doesn't hear my noisy car when I'm talking to her, so it must work well. My exhaust is leaking near the manifold.
    I haven't noticed the walkie-talkie effect. I have a couple of wired headsets but in my experience people on the other end have heard me better with the Treo BT headset. My only real complaint is occasionally the earpiece volume is a bit faint.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    The only time I had to repair was after a hard reset, which was needed to get my keyboard light to function again after installing an app that was supposed to dim it. I have a cheapo Soyo Freestyler headset and Computer dongle by IVT. Works fine to over 40 feet.