1.    #1  
    My Treo 650 takes about 1 to 2 seconds to light the screen after I pressed a button (phone, calendar, sms, on button).

I think it is very long (compared to the treo 600).

Is this delay normal on the Treo 650?

- Treoaddicted -
    Why do you think we call our gadgets "she's"

I'd say it's about 1 second.....longer if screen just went dark.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Why do you think we call our gadgets "she's"

I'd say it's about 1 second.....longer if screen just went dark.
    I don't think that that delay is normal. The ligthening of the screen should be immediate after the push of the button
    I'll try to reinstall my Treo.
    You might have some third party applications which are doing something on startup. There are quite a few that might tie into the turning on of the Palm.

Especially notorious of this is BatteryGraph which logs each time the PDA is turned on, etc. The problem being that if you don't launch it, it doesn't prune its graph, so it gets longer and longer to run.

There could be others as well.

If you haven't hard reset yet try a warm reset and see if turning on and off is faster. I suspect it will be, but you can see how fast it is without anything running. Then you might try disabling a few programs at a time to see what is doing it.

Personally mine takes about a second for the KB lights to come on, another 250ms or so for the screen, then another 500ms or so for KeyGuardTime+ to show up so I can unlock and such. So about 2s before I can do something. I've gotten used to it.
    This happens to me in bunches every few months, then is OK for many more months. No changes in apps....
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I noticed the slow response to Phone, Calendar, etc. buttons. Then I got a new SD card that is 133X speed. Now the Treo immediately turns on. I figure the launcher is reading the card on power-on to check for applications.

Try removing your SD card and see how fast it responds. If it is fast, get a new fast SD card.
    Mine is quick to respond but it takes two taps. First tap, nothing. Second tap, lights right up. It does nothing with a single tap on the power button.

Annoying, but I'm used to it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveBo
    Try removing your SD card and see how fast it responds. If it is fast, get a new fast SD card.
    I don't see any difference without the SD card.

But to gain some speed, I desactivated the "Active Profile Notifier" of the Profile application, which reduces to about 1 second the moment I push on the phone button and the moment I have the hand on my Treo 650. It is still not immediate like on the Treo 600, but I guess I will have to get use to it.

I have the same issue when switching from calendar, phone, tasks... => The Treo 650 is not as fast as the Treo 600, but I guess I cannot do much about it
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by danix
    Mine is quick to respond but it takes two taps. First tap, nothing. Second tap, lights right up. It does nothing with a single tap on the power button.
    Funny, sometimes, my Treo 650 just does light up anymore. I just have to reset it....
    => Is this a known Treo 650 bug?
    When mine takes a moment to come on, it is normally indicative that something is happening in the background. In my situation, it's ChatterEmail getting a message. I have noted nothing else. Ben
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I agree. 1 second is normal. although my cingular unit(a bad one) took about 4 seconds.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

seee... im not the only one with this issue
    any resolution
    Blessed beyond measure!
    try turning off Bluetooth. My Treo 650 is much faster at turning on with BT is off.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Mine started doing this today, I did a soft reset and it is back to normal
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EdZilla View Post
    Mine started doing this today, I did a soft reset and it is back to normal
    Brightcam causes this to happen but since it works so well i live with the 1 second delay
    bluetooth is off
    dont have bright cam
    still slow
    Blessed beyond measure!
    Use PalmInternals, then look at the full Notifications list, then look for apps under "lazy", "slpq", etc. Try removing them one (or a few) at a time to determine which one(s) might be causing problems.

This is how I solved a performance issue I was having that was causing my SD card to not be mounted reliably (thanks, Rob!) - I reduced the # of apps under "hede" (all these run with EVERY pen/key down/up, among other times).
    palm internals
    i suppose thats another 3rd party software?
    ill google it and check it out
    thx!
    Blessed beyond measure!