1.    #1  
    I've been reading threads on this and how to TRY to fix it, but is this a common occurence?

Is it happening only on fairly used 650's or even new ones out of the box?

I ask because it seems a LOT of people are so happy with their Pocket Tunes and play music often and have no problems.

I just got a new 650 from Verizon.

Hello by the way.
    Hello to you too. I haven't really had any problems with my jack, have I've had my Treo for a year now, and use it for music all the time.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    My treo is about 20 mos old and it just devleoped a jack problem last month. I used the flexible adapter but I cannot get a quality signal from the jack now. I do have a car kit with audio output thru the multi-plug so I can still use pocket tunes in the car. I'm lucky in that my jack problem does not affect play through the internal speaker. Others are not so lucky.
    Two of my colleagues returned their Treos with the headset jack problems. I had to replace mine last month with the problem. Mine was over a year old and Sprint would not warranty it. I am now trying to get it covered through Palm since it is a known issue.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Palm actually replaced my treo last month (purchased sept) I had been using ptunes since then and the jack went out. I hear you can open the treo up and solder the points near the jack. I didnt want to do it cause mines was still under warranty. I got a refurb with 8500 min on it, but at least it works
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    Palm actually replaced my treo last month (purchased sept) I had been using ptunes since then and the jack went out. I hear you can open the treo up and solder the points near the jack. I didnt want to do it cause mines was still under warranty. I got a refurb with 8500 min on it, but at least it works
    I had mine replaced by Sprint for the same reason.
    Can someone explain to me the difference between the Seidio Stereo handsfree headphones for the Treo 600 and that for the Treo 650?
    I used the Seidio Stereo headphone with my treo 600 earlier and now I upgraded the phone to a Treo 650. This one works on the Treo 650 too... wonder why sellers on e-bay claim that the one for the 600 does not work on 650 and vice-versa.
    After exactly 1 year, my headphone jack went bad. It's like it knew when my
    warranty expired!

Screw it, I switched to using bluetooth headphones and Softkick Audio Gateway. :-)
    I'm just waiting for the 700p!
    Just over one year and no problems so far.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    After exactly 1 year, my headphone jack went bad. It's like it knew when my
    warranty expired!

Screw it, I switched to using bluetooth headphones and Softkick Audio Gateway. :-)
    I'm just waiting for the 700p!
    Which BT headphones do you have, and how good does it work.

Thanks