1.    #1  
    I am so upset with this phone. i inherited it from my husband b/c he hated it with passion (i can now see why).

ok so it was ordered from ebay (new and unlocked) but after a couple months the touchscreen stopped working completely, for no reason. soft resets did nothing so i just did a hard reset today...and you know the little target that pops up that you have to tap with the stylus?? well....nothing happens!! its just been sitting there for ten minutes !!!
    what do i do now??? have i totally screwed it up??? it wont even turn off...should i take the battery out??? god it was so expensive, and tmobile told us that they cant help b/c we didnt buy it from them.

please?? help?? (in like, 3rd grade comprehension level )

Thanks,
    -Eve-
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Have you tried a hard reset? Taking the battery out is just like a soft reset.
    with the touchscreen, did you put a screen protection thing on it? if you did, I had the same problem and i found out that if there is any dust on it or dirt on it, the screen will think that its already being touched so the pen does not work, just try taking the screen protection thing off and see if it works.
    hope that helps
  4.    #4  
    no screen protector at all (i wasnt 100% sure and i was picking at the corners...no screen protector).
    and yes, i did the hard reset...and now i am completely stuck. the screen is stuck "ON" (with the little bullseye targets) and since the touchscreen wont work, i cant "tap" them.
    i cant turn it off at all, (screen is lit up and everything) so i just popped out the battery. but now when i stuck it back it....it turns right on by itself and takes me to the same "tap the target" screen. so the phone is completely unusable now!
    ahhhhh i am so frustrated!!!! i cant even remember who i bought it from on ebay bc it was more than 60 days ago!!!!! i think it even had a 1 year warranty.
    It is possible that you have a tiny bit of grit stuck just under the edge of the frame around the touch screen. Take your sytlus and run it along the touch screen all around the frame and try to blow any dirt out. You could also try taking some soft and very thin plastic and sliding it under the edge of the frame carefully run it all the way around to dislodge any dirt. Plastic folders that hold just a few sheets of paper are probably thin enough and yet still stiff enough. Cut a small piece of plastic from one those and give it a try.

If you still have the problem after that then it is likely a hardware problem. Good luck.
    I had this exact same problem with my 600 last week...though a hard reset would help but forgot about that stupid stylus touch test on re-startup, so I was screwed. I got a new phone.

At least the phone was still functional without the touchscreen, had I not reset it I still could have used most everything on the phone. I was very annoyed.

Anyhow, did either of you leave feedback? His ebay id will show up in feedback if either of you left it for each other...
    Quote Originally Posted by eveve
    no screen protector at all (i wasnt 100% sure and i was picking at the corners...no screen protector).
    and yes, i did the hard reset...and now i am completely stuck. the screen is stuck "ON" (with the little bullseye targets) and since the touchscreen wont work, i cant "tap" them.
    i cant turn it off at all, (screen is lit up and everything) so i just popped out the battery. but now when i stuck it back it....it turns right on by itself and takes me to the same "tap the target" screen. so the phone is completely unusable now!
    ahhhhh i am so frustrated!!!! i cant even remember who i bought it from on ebay bc it was more than 60 days ago!!!!! i think it even had a 1 year warranty.

Eveve:

Try another hard reset and see if you can ever get the phone to come up to the palm launcher window. Also try soft resetting it multiple times. If you can get to the launcher screen, you can sometimes get the screen back by doing this:

Use the navigation button ( the 5 way) to move around up, this will highlight the little icon top right that shows the current folder -- it will say system, or all or something. Anyway, push the middle button, this will bring down a pull down menu, go to then select "all"

Now use the down button and L and R buttons to navigate to the little icon called "Welcome" Push the middle button to select it. this will start up the screen digitizer screen. Use your stylus to touch the targets as indicated. If this doesn't fix the screen problem, then you have a bad screen, and you'll have to give Palm a call

good luck
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    I'll give you $50 for it. . .

NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    It is possible that you have a tiny bit of grit stuck just under the edge of the frame around the touch screen. Take your sytlus and run it along the touch screen all around the frame and try to blow any dirt out. You could also try taking some soft and very thin plastic and sliding it under the edge of the frame carefully run it all the way around to dislodge any dirt. Plastic folders that hold just a few sheets of paper are probably thin enough and yet still stiff enough. Cut a small piece of plastic from one those and give it a try.

I have had this same problem, and it sounds exactly like what you have. What happens is the particle compresses the screen and it thinks it is being touched.