1.    #1  
    Okay, okay I know another verichat question

I've searched many of the other threads and can't get a good succinct answer.

I want to run Verichat on my Verizon Treo 650 (CDMA) and I don't want to use SMS notification, costs too much for SMS's since I don't have a plan.

If I leave it "on all the time" does that mean that all of my calls will go to voicemail, like when I'm listening to Pocket Tunes internet radio?

If I do use the SMS notify feature will I get charged for each SMS if I don't have a data plan.

Also, I leave my treo on in the cradle at work so the screen never goes off to break the data connection.

Anyone help? Anyone point out areas that are not correct assumptions?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twocrifasis
    If I leave it "on all the time" does that mean that all of my calls will go to voicemail, like when I'm listening to Pocket Tunes internet radio?
    If Verichat is polling the server at the time the incoming call is occuring it will go to Voicemail. PTunes is a little different in that you are constantly streaming data, Verichat has a polling interval.

If I do use the SMS notify feature will I get charged for each SMS if I don't have a data plan.
    What does a data plan have to do with SMS? If you exceed your SMS volume you'll be charged for each additional SMS based on your plan. Even with SMS mode you still need to have a Data plan as data is still used in active chat, SMS is only used in the background always-on mode.

Also, I leave my treo on in the cradle at work so the screen never goes off to break the data connection.
    The screen going off/on has nothign to do with a data disconnnect.
  3.    #3  
    Sorry, I there was a feature that you could set in Verichat to have it disconnect from data if the screen powered off

Also, as to SMS vs. Data; I guess my question was if it was a "real" SMS that would get charged as an SMS or something sent along my data stream and not be charged.

Yeah, I guess that does sound stupid now that I re-read it
  4.    #4  
    Can I change the polling in Verichat so that I don't get as many calls going to voicemail?

That's my issue, how do I still get IM's while not sending a ton of calls to voicemail? AND not use SMS since I'm charged for them?
    I'm not sure there are any options on reducing the polling interval. Since you are using Verizon with an (I assume) unlimited data plan, you're entitled to a hidden but free option of getting 2000 free SMS messages. See here for details, and do read the thread, if you give the representative the code number it simplifies the enabling of the feature.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!