Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    My earphone jack went bad on my 650. Since I have the extended warranty through Sprint, I exchanged the phone. But I realized when I was handing over my old phone, all of my info was still on it. It had my calendar, contacts, memo's, etc...

It occured to me you could steal about 500 peoples identities with that phone if it fell into the wrong hands. I'm relying on Sprint employees honesty.

How do I delete all that info quickly if I ever have to switch phones again?

Also, how do I protect the data on the phone if it happens to get stolen? It would have to be a way that didn't required 10 extra steps to get to the data or else it would be too much of a hassle.
    [QUOTE=k1dude]My earphone jack went bad on my 650. Since I have the extended warranty through Sprint, I exchanged the phone. But I realized when I was handing over my old phone, all of my info was still on it. It had my calendar, contacts, memo's, etc...

For me, this would have been unthinkable to do this. There's no way I would have handed over my phone to anyone with all my info intact.

Next time, do a "hard reset" first before giving up your Treo...this will erase everything back to factory default settings. Check out your manual on how do do this.

-CC
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Hard reset....
    1. Remove the battery cover
    2. get your stylus out and expose the reset pin
    3. Press and hold the power/re phone button and poke the reset hole wth the pin at the same time
    4. Keep holding the ppwer button through the first boot screen
    5. Let go and a menu will be displayed... Press the Up arrow key to erase
    6. All your data is gone! This is a good thing to do if you are having frequent resets as well.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Wow. Thanks for the info. Those sms activated software lock solutions are great.
    Is there a software to just lock the phone after a preset time. Like now, to activate the phone we press the red or green button then press the centre button to activate the Treo650.

Is there a software which allows the Treo650 activate only with password?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heelys
    Is there a software to just lock the phone after a preset time. Like now, to activate the phone we press the red or green button then press the centre button to activate the Treo650.

Is there a software which allows the Treo650 activate only with password?
    Here is a pretty good review of 3 security programs.

http://mytreo.net/archives/2006/04/t...son_review.php
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Heelys, try the security app that came on your phone.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Heelys, try the security app that came on your phone.
    Hehe, don't be afraid to tap that "Security" icon.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Read this from manual
    Attached Images Attached Images