1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if a program like this? specifically I have a 425 page book in pdf form and would like to listen to it during the day at work, and the screen is too small to read it.
    That kind of program would certainly be coolio. I don't think one exists, though. Is there an audio version of the book you want to read?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  3.    #3  
    unfortunatley not.....i wonder if that is even possible for a program to do that.....
    There was an old APPLE ][ Program called SAM- Software Automated Mouth. It did this. It was maybe like 60k.

Hmnn... I have the emulator, and the disk- somewhere. Getting your text to Apple could be tedious though... no guarantee the speaker would work.... but a palm port- it can't be that hard... I think the program was basic, I remember hacking it to add my own text. ahhh... 1983...
    there is one that I posted recently about here on TC, check my previous posts.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    there is one that I posted recently about here on TC, check my previous posts.
    But that symblic quality is not that good, and how do I get it read my mails or other text - it reads a maximum of 10 words and I have to hit say button to read it!!

If there is a better version I will be willing to test for you aswell gt5l..

Thanks.

Regards,
    Kalyan
    Kalyan, I was just relaying the infomration, I have not tested the sw myself.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Update- I found S.A.M. and ran it. It works, but the speech comes across the treo speaker as a crazy garble of tones.... Oh well.
    You mean you modified this code from http://www.cyberroach.com/analog/an22/spelling_sam.htm or the original S.A.M for Apple ported to Palm?

Interestingly I also found S.A.M manual at http://www.retrobits.net/atari/sam.shtml

Regards,
    Kalyan