1.    #1  
    Can anyone tell me what bluetooth accessory will work the best with my Treo 650? I bought the Treo bluetooth ear piece. All my clients say they can't hear me. I'm in California on Sprint. I don't want to give up. Does anyone have any ideas for me?
    Kathy
    finding a bluetooth headset that works well with any Treo is like finding the ghetto in Malibu... Sorry I can't help, but maybe someome else will...
    BT version 1.1 + weak BT implementation from Palm = muffled static city.

Palm should have just omitted BT instead of half-assing it.

Just use a wired headset. Sorry, that's the only solution to a crystal clear call (I use the Shure Quiet Spot Boom, works great).
  4.    #4  
    Now they tell me!!!!!! Thanks.
    treoneo is right. It's definitely not easy. I have the Motorola HS850 and I've never had anyone say they can't hear me. The problem I have is that if I'm in the car driving down the road (the place you need the headset the most) I have trouble hearing the people I am talking to even with the volume all the way up (especially on the highway...road noise, you know?). I wish the volume went up another 10 clicks...
    Lois: I guarantee you a MAN made that commercial...

Peter: Of course a man made it Lois. It's a commercial, not a delicious Thanksgiving dinner.
    Dear Sir:
    I have an HS850 too but it didn't work at all. Treo 650 BT recognised it but won't transfer the call to the headset. I tried several firmware and simply want to burn it!
    Talk about the frustration!!!
    How do you make it work?
    Some headsets will not automatically connect to the Treo & that is it. Only solution is to try another. You should have a handful if headsets that you are interested in & then do a search in the forums here to see whatv others have said...
    plantronics 510 works well. no complainnts from others at the other end. Yes, 650 BT does suck though
    I use the Treo Wireless Headset with a Cingular 650. With Volume set at 3 or 4 I would get a slight echo of peeps hearing themselves. Adding a Jabra ear gell (from Radio Shack assorted size 6 pak; clear, medium size) allowed me to drop the volume to 2 and I have no static, no echo and no volume issues....I regularly talk from outside the vehicle even when gassing up which must put me 12-15' away from the Treo. Connection is slightly static at about 28-32 feet
    Quote Originally Posted by gfish123
    Dear Sir:
    I have an HS850 too but it didn't work at all. Treo 650 BT recognised it but won't transfer the call to the headset. I tried several firmware and simply want to burn it!
    How do you make it work?
    I had the same problem. I went through 4 headsets before settling on the Plantronics 510. Been using it for 5 months and have not had a complaint from anyone yet...unless my windows are down and I'm going 70 down the express way.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfish123
    Dear Sir:
    How do you make it work?

I had no problems setting up the HS850. With the headset closed (power off) just hold down the phone button on the headset for a few seconds until the light goes solid. Then tap setup devices in the Bluetooth app. Choose Handsfree setup and let it find it. The code is 0000. Setup was smooth...I just wish it got a little louder...
    Lois: I guarantee you a MAN made that commercial...

Peter: Of course a man made it Lois. It's a commercial, not a delicious Thanksgiving dinner.