1.    #1  
    i read somewhere that if you get your locked phone unlocked that your bluetooth "DIAL UP NETWORKING" is enabled and ready to use. true?
    what provider are you on? Basically, no that isnt true you will need to upgrade the software before DUN will work.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Locked status has nothing to do with DUN.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    To answer correctly:

Yes, the unlocked GSM model has BT DUN enabled. You do to not have to upgrade the ROM to get it. You do want the latest 1.2 ROM for other reasons but not needed for BT DUN. Provider doesn't matter as long as you have a correct data plan. I've been using one on T-Mobile for 14 months now. Unlocked doesn't necessarily mean BT DUN but most models locked to a specific vendor either are or used to have BT DUN disabled. The unlocked unbranded GSM model always had BT DUN enabled.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    He was speaking about a locked phone that is now unlocked. Depending on the version of the system that wont enable DUN. Based on the question I assume the OP doesnt have DUN now, so simply getting that phone unlocked wont give you DUN. Upgrading the version will and you prolly wont even need to get it uplocked.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I answered the question. Unlocking the phone will not affect DUN at all. If he does not have it now, unlocking the phone will not make it work.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.