1.    #1  
    For my fellow Roger's users in Canada:

It says that it's been out since March 14, but I have been checking pretty regularly and I have not seen it until today.

Find out all about it here:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...swireless.html

I have done the update by creating a temp profile - all went smooth and it seems to be working well.

My apologies to my American friends - to you, having a 1.20 update is OLD NEWS!

Update: This updater will overwrite the nice blue desktop / wall paper with a really crappy looking Rogers logo. Why Rogers, WHY?
    Last edited by treo-mike; 04/10/2006 at 09:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Are you on the Rogers network or Fido network?

As I have a Treo 650 using the unbranded firmware update and I continously get Fido / roaming - Fido / roaming when I'm in the dialer and I'm in the Fido area network! I'm using a Fido SIM thou

With my Rogers SIM I don't have this problem!

Other than that the unbranded firmware works ok for me.
  3.    #3  
    Rogers - I don't believe the Fido network will give you Edge data speeds.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    Rogers - I don't believe the Fido network will give you Edge data speeds.
    It does give me edge speed, although not the same speed as Rogers, but faster than GPRS!
    I also performed the Rogers 1.20 upgrade, and for the most part was easy. I have found however that the volume on my Treo BT headset to be lower.

Has anyone else experienced this and does anybody have any fixes for this problem?

Harrey Merkens
  6.    #6  
    I've always found my Bluetooth headset low. Before and after the update.
    I have Volume Care loaded on my Treo but does nothing for the BT Headset. Any suggestions for bumping up the volume?
    Harry, I am not sure about that but I think there are 2 versions of Volume Care.
    I know I have the "pro" version and I can control the boost volume of the headset.

goto menu->help->About volumeCare and it will show you in the "current level" field if you have basic or pro.
    - Jeeman
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    For my fellow Roger's users in Canada:

It says that it's been out since March 14, but I have been checking pretty regularly and I have not seen it until today.

Find out all about it here:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...swireless.html

I have done the update by creating a temp profile - all went smooth and it seems to be working well.

My apologies to my American friends - to you, having a 1.20 update is OLD NEWS!

Update: This updater will overwrite the nice blue desktop / wall paper with a really crappy looking Rogers logo. Why Rogers, WHY?
    Picked it up on March 24.
    Have a look at this thread and the comments I posted.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=Rogers
    Trying to figure out what I did wrong.
    Thanks.
    fiew, I just updated to 1.20 and everything worked well. Thank goodness!
    - Jeeman
  11.    #11  
    ChrisL

Rather than deleting, hard reset and create a new temp profile. Install the update using your temp file with the fresh hard reset.

Once it's all done, hard reset again and synch back to your original profile. This has worked best for me with every update.

I love Palm, they completely screw you on memory - then all the updates require more memory free than pretty much any user has. Sigh.
    Mike,

Thanks for the tip. Never thought of it.

Chris