1.    #1  
    im probably sounding like a complete ***** right now but id like to know if theres a way to scan apps for viruses or bugs for treos because i recently loaded my treo with some free apps and they fried my baby clean. had to hard reset and lost all my info. thanks!
    I think Norton may have an anti-virus for Palm, if you really want to waste your money on it. However, whatever happened to your Treo was not a result of a virus.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I have Norton AntiVirus on my home computer and before I install the file onto my Treo, you can right-mouse click and choose SCAN WITH NORTON ANTI-VIRUS. I hope this helps. God Bless
    As Insertion said, what happened to your Treo had nothing to do with a virus. You probably installed some really poorly written program which misbehaved and caused a problem.

It's likely if you told us what programs you installed someone could pinpoint what the problem was.

Load new programs one at a time and make sure they seem to work okay. If you're loading a bunch at once, maybe load a few at a time, but keep in mind that Palm OS has no memory protection. One bad program and it crashes.

It's also likely whatever happened to your Treo could have been helped by someone here, so keep that in mind. And next time you have such a thing happen, try a soft reset, if that doesn't help, try a warm reset. If you can use the Treo (think safe mode.. a lot of stuff is disabled) then delete the programs you just installed and see if that helps.

How to perform every kind of reset on Palm
    What happened to you was, all those free apps, they sometimes come with bugs and glitches, and they freeze up your Treo. Thats what i hate about 3rd perty software.
    i think its funny how so many users always equate things to viruses. "my computer is running slow, it must have a virus" "my fan makes noise, i think i have a virus" blah blah blah. yeah, palms are pretty much immune to viruses bro, its not so much because they were made that way on purpose but more because they have no multitasking and thus can only run one program at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedatreo
    i think its funny how so many users always equate things to viruses. "my computer is running slow, it must have a virus" "my fan makes noise, i think i have a virus" blah blah blah. yeah, palms are pretty much immune to viruses bro, its not so much because they were made that way on purpose but more because they have no multitasking and thus can only run one program at a time.