1.    #1  
    Here is the thing... eveytime I start the phone it works okay for 1-2 minutes.. then it start to hotsync and when you cancel it it tries again and again. I did all sorts of resets, warm, soft and hard .. and they all don't seem to work. They do produce diffrent things tho.

Warm Reset (push up till logo appears) is supposed disable the extensions or something... that seems to make it usable as hot sync doesn;t come on to often..

Soft reset does absolutely nothing

Hard reset makes it work a little longer when you start it but then it goes straight in to hot sync and it just keeps going and going...

As you realize this annoying because when the loopin starts .. thats it.. you cant use the phone. Also they keys die and only the touch screen works after the looping begins

I'd have it replaced but I bought in on EBAY for $400 (Cingular, unlocked version), used for few months and now it's doing this. I don't know if any warrany applies.. Help +)
    Quote Originally Posted by countthe
    Here is the thing... eveytime I start the phone it works okay for 1-2 minutes.. then it start to hotsync and when you cancel it it tries again and again. I did all sorts of resets, warm, soft and hard .. and they all don't seem to work. They do produce diffrent things tho.

Hard reset makes it work a little longer when you start it but then it goes straight in to hot sync and it just keeps going and going...
    After the hard reset, is it trying to start a hotsync completely on its own, or are you restoring data and then it starts looping?

No need to cross post
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    yes it turns the hot sync on its own.. i didn't initiate it.. and then the keys disable themselves.. hard reset or soft reset.. keys work again.. but then hot sync starts up again.. and thats the end of it... when phone powers down.. then you can press the red or green key and the screen will light up.. but then you can't unloack the keys with the middle button because all they keys again disable as soon as the screen lights back up... =(
    I am having the same issue w/ my t650. I have noticed it only begins the hotsync loop after the screen dims and it's on standby. Once on standby the screen comes up (on it's own) then it begins the loop. Over and over again. I can cancel and it will be fine until the screen dims again. I've even tested it w/ tomtom, the treo and tomtom work fine since the screen is always on. Unless I force it to go into standby.

If anyone has any suggestions PLEASE help! I've searched this and other forums but not much info. THX!
    LG VX6000\Moto V600\Siemens SL55\Treo 650 (RIP)\Cingular 8125
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Got the same problem, anyone found a solution?

Mark
    My phone was doing the same thing. I got it replaced.
    This worked for me. Took a few tries to get it right but the phone is working and no more loop.

Zero-Out Reset

A zero out reset will regress a device that has non-volatile memory to its factory-fresh state. When done correctly, it completely rewrites your device's internal memory with zeros and ones, ensuring that any data is expunged. It should be used only if you want all information completely obliterated (example: you're selling your handheld, or you're sending it in for repair, and want to protect your privacy).

1. Read through these instructions before attempting the reset. We made this method of zero out reset extremely awkward to perform, so that it would not happen by accident. You may need the help of a dextrous friend if you find it too difficult to do by yourself.
    2. Connect your device to its HotSync cable or cradle. The HotSync cable does not need to be connected to your PC, and it does not need to be connected to power.
    3. Press and hold the Power button and UP on the 5-way navigator.
    4. While continuing to hold Power and UP, press and hold the HotSync button on the HotSync cable or cradle. As you press HotSync, make sure your other finger doesn't slide to LEFT or RIGHT on the 5-way navigator; it needs to be exactly on UP during the entire process. Although you are pressing the HotSync button, a HotSync operation should not begin.
    5. While continuing to hold Power, UP and HotSync, press and release the RESET button on the back panel of your device (where's the reset hole?). This is very difficult to do with only one person; you may wish to hold the stylus in your mouth and use your hands to press Power, UP and HotSync.
    6. Release Power, UP and HotSync.
    7. If you did this reset correctly, the screen of your device will go blank, and you will not be able to turn it on. The charging LED will not light up, even if it's connected to power. It will appear to be "dead." (any other activity -- such as the Palm OS logo or a rainbow-colored Boot Log screen appearing -- means the reset was performed incorrectly; try again)
    8. Your device will appear "dead" for several minutes (up to 10 minutes). During this time, your device's internal memory is being reformatted. If your device doesn't appear "dead" for several minutes with the screen completely blank, the zero out reset was performed incorrectly; try again.
    9. After several minutes, your device will "wake up" and the palmOne and Palm Powered logos will appear as if you had performed a hard reset. Eventually, you'll be taken to a series of screens to calibrate the touchscreen and set date & time.
    10. If you want your handheld to remain in factory state, stop here. If you want to restore data to your device, follow the steps for recovering after a hard reset (a zero out reset is a special type of hard reset).
    LG VX6000\Moto V600\Siemens SL55\Treo 650 (RIP)\Cingular 8125
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Treo H
    This worked for me. Took a few tries to get it right but the phone is working and no more loop.

Zero-Out Reset

A zero out reset will regress a device that has non-volatile memory to its factory-fresh state. When done correctly, it completely rewrites your device's internal memory with zeros and ones, ensuring that any data is expunged. It should be used only if you want all information completely obliterated (example: you're selling your handheld, or you're sending it in for repair, and want to protect your privacy).

1. Read through these instructions before attempting the reset. We made this method of zero out reset extremely awkward to perform, so that it would not happen by accident. You may need the help of a dextrous friend if you find it too difficult to do by yourself.
    2. Connect your device to its HotSync cable or cradle. The HotSync cable does not need to be connected to your PC, and it does not need to be connected to power.
    4. While continuing to hold Power and UP, press and hold the HotSync button on the HotSync cable or cradle. As you press HotSync, make sure your other finger doesn't slide to LEFT or RIGHT on the 5-way navigator; it needs to be exactly on UP during the entire process. Although you are pressing the HotSync button, a HotSync operation should not begin.
    5. While continuing to hold Power, UP and HotSync, press and release the RESET button on the back panel of your device (where's the reset hole?). This is very difficult to do with only one person; you may wish to hold the stylus in your mouth and use your hands to press Power, UP and HotSync.
    7. If you did this reset correctly, the screen of your device will go blank, and you will not be able to turn it on. The charging LED will not light up, even if it's connected to power. It will appear to be "dead." (any other activity -- such as the Palm OS logo or a rainbow-colored Boot Log screen appearing -- means the reset was performed incorrectly; try again)
    8. Your device will appear "dead" for several minutes (up to 10 minutes). During this time, your device's internal memory is being reformatted. If your device doesn't appear "dead" for several minutes with the screen completely blank, the zero out reset was performed incorrectly; try again.
    9. After several minutes, your device will "wake up" and the palmOne and Palm Powered logos will appear as if you had performed a hard reset. Eventually, you'll be taken to a series of screens to calibrate the touchscreen and set date & time.
    10. If you want your handheld to remain in factory state, stop here. If you want to restore data to your device, follow the steps for recovering after a hard reset (a zero out reset is a special type of hard reset).
    Thank you so much. It worked like a charm. I thought I would be shelling out big bucks for a new 650 just seven months from the end of my two year contract. I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but just what happened to make my baby go into hot synch convultions?
    Quote Originally Posted by SAKozicki View Post
    Thank you so much. It worked like a charm. I thought I would be shelling out big bucks for a new 650 just seven months from the end of my two year contract. I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but just what happened to make my baby go into hot synch convultions?

I've got a problem trying to follow these instructions. My hotsync cable doesn't work and hasn't for more than a year. Users on this forum have led me to believe that the hotsync "jack" at the bottom of the Treo is defective, along with the audio jack which has been buggy forever as well. With this being the case, I am not sure I can follow the step in the instructions which directs me to connect to cable/cradle and press the buttons "power, up, and hotsync, then simultaneously hit system reset button/hole".

I went out and got a hotsync cable to give it a try. I did it probably 6 times, holding the stylus in my teeth to press the reset button while holding by hand all the other buttons (hotsync, up, power). All I seem to get is a hard reset, not a zero-out reset. The screen does not go blank, it goes right back into the PalmOne logo, then the gray PalmPowered circle logo, then the initial setup screens. It looked and behaved like a hard-reset, not a zero-out reset. On a couple of my zero-out reset attempts, the Treo offered me the "erase all data?" question just like a hard reset, so that has me suspecting it did a hard reset, not the desired zero-out. How's it acting after all these probably failed zero-out attempts? It has successfully forgotten the device name, it has erased all my phone contacts, it has erased my software, and most importantly, it has stopped doing the hotsync endless loop. But I don't know if the problem is solved. I am hotsync'ing right now via bluetooth to see how the Treo behaves once restored to pretty much the way it was before the nasty hotsync loop.

If it goes back to the endless loop, what's next? Who can/will fix it? Is it worth it?

-- Josh
    A non working hotsync cable can mean dirty contacts on the bottom of your treo.

get a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol and clean those contacts very very good.

I had a friend of mine who couldnt hotsync at all. After a good cleaning it works every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow View Post
    A non working hotsync cable can mean dirty contacts on the bottom of your treo. Get a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol and clean those contacts very very good. I had a friend of mine who couldnt hotsync at all. After a good cleaning it works every time.

I know about this issue. I keep alcohol swabs from my medical office at home expressly for the purpose of cleaning the hotsync contacts. This little trick stopped working months ago. Given that my Treo's audio jack has been equally buggy and the well-known problems with the Treo audio jack in general, I feel pretty certain that the connections from the hotsync jack to the rest of the Treo are defective as well.

But thanks for the suggestion.
    -- Josh
    Hi Steinbej,

Please share any progress with us here. Got the same problem and zero reset & Q-tips didn't solved it
    It solved Saving server's space, please refer to this discussion:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=1#post1374761
    Zero reset ?
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Treo H View Post

Zero-Out Reset

Thank you so much for sharing this detailed instruction. It worked great for me and you saved me so much time and frustration. Sprint store said I had "water damage" and refused to fix or replace. The told me to call insurance but I really do not want to have to pay $50 for a "refurbished" replacement if I dont have to and especially since I only have had the phone for 5 months. I am greatful for your time & help.
    Last edited by bdever; 11/14/2008 at 11:55 PM. Reason: typo correction