Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This holster is the ultimate in protection, style, and functionality. With its tight, yet flexible spring clip on top, it's super easy to secure in place as well as to remove quickly when needed. AND because this holster was made with consumer in mind, it's specially designed so SD cards will not escape and the paint on your Treo will remain safe and unscathed. It is molded and shaped with the same quality workmanship as our other world famous holsters, providing excellent protection and security.
    Your device will be held facing inward, resting against a soft felt pad.

Features:
    No scratches on your Treo- Rubber part at the underside of the top clip to prevent scratches on your Treo
    • Form Fitting - Specially designed to only fit your un-skinned Treo to give the most secure fit
    • Stylish design with the ability to slip your Treo in and out of the holster with one hand
    • Secures your Treo - Stays securely in place with the top, bottom, and lower sides all held in.
    • Locking Swivel Belt Clip - Perfect positioning while sitting or standing by rotating through any of 7 angles
    • Easy access to the headset jack, serial connector, and volume control
    • Faces in - Soft, felt pad protects the screen while resting in the holster
    • Made of very high impact/high performance plastic (PC - polycarbonate) to ensure durability
    • New and improved clip attachment with reinforced metal ring and increased tension spring to ensure durability. This clip will help keep SD cards in place. It is also quite stylish.
    Note: This holster is ONLY for UN-Skinned Treo 600/650/700w!

Please contact jingzhang@seidio.com or visit our website at http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=295 for more information on this product

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductImages/hl650700.gif
  2.    #2  
    Seidio has released the spring clip holster for the following models

1) PPC 6700
    2) Blackberry 8700C
    3) Blackberry 7130e
    4) Blackberry/Nextel 7100i

and now the one for Treo 650/700W. The key features are

1) Will not scratch your precious Treo
    2) SD card will not eject
    3) Very very secure while Treo is in the holster

It also has all the good features of Seidio other holsters.

Click below for the review for Blackbeery 8700C spring clip holster

http://www.seidio.com/doc/swivel%20c...or%208700c.pdf

Any questions, please ask

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 04/10/2006 at 05:50 PM.
  3.    #3  
    I have received many emails regarding to the difference between our cradle type holster and this new spring clip type holster.

This new spring clip holster is the best holster we ever developed for Treo 650/700W. It is very very secure while Treo is in the holster and it will NOT scratch your Treo because of the spring clip design.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    I recently "upgraded" to a Treo from a Blackberry 7100i. Nextel to Sprint port. The spring clip I bought from Seidio for my 7100i was, sorry, junk. The whole shooting match fit very poorly, and the phone easily fell out with normal movement. My 10 day old phone has nicks because of this holster.

Can you go into much more detail about how this holster holds the Treo securely. I use this Treo in a number of enviroments, and am looking for something that holds my treo as securely as some of the old holsters I got for Motorola Nextel phones.

Thanks!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisholland
    I recently "upgraded" to a Treo from a Blackberry 7100i. Nextel to Sprint port. The spring clip I bought from Seidio for my 7100i was, sorry, junk. The whole shooting match fit very poorly, and the phone easily fell out with normal movement. My 10 day old phone has nicks because of this holster.

Can you go into much more detail about how this holster holds the Treo securely. I use this Treo in a number of enviroments, and am looking for something that holds my treo as securely as some of the old holsters I got for Motorola Nextel phones.

Thanks!
    I am going to answer your question by showing the review of nextel 7100i holster in Blackberryforums (www.blackberryforums.com).

Review of Updated Seidio Clip:

First off I was a original purchaser of the clip without the sleep function. If you read earlier threads of mine and others this was a simple modification to add this to the older style clip.

BRAVO BRAVO....Whoever at Seidio came up with the addition of the rubber piece at the end of the clip portion GIVE HIM A RAISE!!!!! As soon as I popped it in I could IMMEDIATELY tell the difference. If felt WAY MORE SECURE. Again, I never had doubts that the old one was not holding my BB in securely, but the feel makes me way more confident.

The addition of the sleeper function is not noticable (ie...on my modded one you can see it thru the felt). Yes it works, you just can not tell its there. There must be a cut outin the plastic for the magnetic piece being used, hence why you can not see it.

Again I HIGHLY recommend this, even if you have the original. Seidio has designed a AWESOME holster for those looking for a Nextel Stye Swivel Clip/Holster. A+A+A+A+A+!

Good Work Seidio and to David Chang and his Product Development Team.

Sorry about your experience. If you let m eknow, i should have taken care of this. I do not know what happened/ It could the top clip got damaged during the shipping.

If you looking for the holster that can hold your Treo very securely and it will not scratch your Treo. This is the holster you need to get. I am sure you will be very pleased with this holster.

If you have any problem or questions, please let me know

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Thanks for the sales pitch, but this is a forum, not a TV show. I am looking for real info.

Please, in English, explain in detail how the holster attaches and holds the Treo. I would hate to trust my Treo to a flimsy spring like the one on the 7100i holster.

Thanks again!
    Anyone uses this holster yet ?
    I haven't used it and don't think I'd want to for a couple of reasons:

1. The original description says "to only fit your un-skinned Treo". It has to come out of the holster some time, so it should be able to at least fit a skinned Treo.

2. Mainly, I don't like that it goes over the screen/keyboard. To answer a call (depending on headset capabilities), check an appointment, enter data, you'd have to remove the Treo from the holster. Having the screen/keyboard covered like this is probably good if you carry it around on hikes, rafting, biking, etc.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    Hey All
    I use the skinned Treo version of this holster and it works perfectly. The only difference (I believe) is a dimensional one. If I take the skin off my Treo and put the Treo in the 'skinned' holster the Treo is loose. Note that Seidio sells BOTH non-skinned and skinned versions of this type holster.
    The spring clip holds the Treo in very securly, no drops for me! It is very easy to remove and re-insert the Treo with one hand. The only issue I've had is if I slip the belt clip inside my waistband instead of between the waistband and belt the complete holder and Treo may take a tumble because the barb on the clip has nothing to grab. With the clip around the belt (as designed) then it is rock solid. And I bang the thing on my hip into door jambs, etc... quite a bit.
    That's one reason I like to have a skin on the Treo. It's easier to grip and doesn't display any bruises.
    It's also why I need the Treo screen and keboard to face IN where they will not be damaged by the bumps. My previous phone was a Kyocera whose holster faced the screen outboard. I developed quite a history of scratches on that screen.
    I gotta ask, bhuess, how does one check an appointment with the Treo in a holster on one's hip? I presume you are removing the whole holster and Treo from your hip to access the screen. With this style of holster you do have to remove it but removing and re-inserting seems to me to be just as easy as unclipping and re-clipping the holster to my belt.
    Anyway, I've had this holster for many months now after trying to use a case (which served my well with my first few palms) but access to a phone in a case just didn't work for me.
    Good Luck with whatever y'all choose to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcs11
    Hey All
    I use the skinned Treo version of this holster and it works perfectly. The only difference (I believe) is a dimensional one. If I take the skin off my Treo and put the Treo in the 'skinned' holster the Treo is loose. Note that Seidio sells BOTH non-skinned and skinned versions of this type holster.
    The spring clip holds the Treo in very securly, no drops for me! It is very easy to remove and re-insert the Treo with one hand. The only issue I've had is if I slip the belt clip inside my waistband instead of between the waistband and belt the complete holder and Treo may take a tumble because the barb on the clip has nothing to grab. With the clip around the belt (as designed) then it is rock solid. And I bang the thing on my hip into door jambs, etc... quite a bit.
    That's one reason I like to have a skin on the Treo. It's easier to grip and doesn't display any bruises.
    It's also why I need the Treo screen and keboard to face IN where they will not be damaged by the bumps. My previous phone was a Kyocera whose holster faced the screen outboard. I developed quite a history of scratches on that screen.
    I gotta ask, bhuess, how does one check an appointment with the Treo in a holster on one's hip? I presume you are removing the whole holster and Treo from your hip to access the screen. With this style of holster you do have to remove it but removing and re-inserting seems to me to be just as easy as unclipping and re-clipping the holster to my belt.
    Anyway, I've had this holster for many months now after trying to use a case (which served my well with my first few palms) but access to a phone in a case just didn't work for me.
    Good Luck with whatever y'all choose to do.
    Anyone who owns this holster - Can you post your experience ?
    I bought two different holsters:

Seidio Holster

Helix Holster

The Seidio is hard plastic with a felt lining. Holds the phone well, by pressure not springs.

The Helix is made of a hard but softer nylon material that I prefer.

I am keeping both, but I am using the Helix now. When it "dies" I will go to the Seidio or get another Helix. Both will eventually scuff the paint near the stylus, I think Both hold the phone well, I just prefer the Helix. I will not buy another spring holster from anyone. I guess I am too clumsy.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisholland
    Thanks for the sales pitch, but this is a forum, not a TV show. I am looking for real info.

Please, in English, explain in detail how the holster attaches and holds the Treo. I would hate to trust my Treo to a flimsy spring like the one on the 7100i holster.

Thanks again!
    Better late than never. The holster is secured by 2 supports at the bottom of the holster itself and an extremely strong spring clip. We have already gone through 3 springs of different strengths before deciding on this one. Once you place the phone in the holster, it is nigh on impossible to rip it out of there without lifting the the clip itself. It is made of extremely durable material and the clip itself is much closer to the body of the holster than previous models. The felt pad on the inside of the holster prevents damage to the screen of your device. There is also an arch in the clip itself, so that it doesn't come in direct contact with the SD card, thereby eliminating problems with accidentally ejecting it. If you would like more information, please let me know.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by bheuss
    I haven't used it and don't think I'd want to for a couple of reasons:

1. The original description says "to only fit your un-skinned Treo". It has to come out of the holster some time, so it should be able to at least fit a skinned Treo.

2. Mainly, I don't like that it goes over the screen/keyboard. To answer a call (depending on headset capabilities), check an appointment, enter data, you'd have to remove the Treo from the holster. Having the screen/keyboard covered like this is probably good if you carry it around on hikes, rafting, biking, etc.
    Sorry for the misinformation - it has been corrected. We offer 2 different holsters - one specifically for the skinned Treo, and one for the unskinned Treo. Our aim in developing this holster was to provide the most secure environment for your Treo on the go, minimizing chances of accidentally having the Treo pop out. With almost any case or holster I've come across, you have to either remove or flip a cover to have access to your device.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Anyone who owns this new Seidio holster, Can you post your experience ?
  15. mkd
    David,

If I'm using the Invisible Shield on my treo 700w (www.shieldzone.com), should I get the skinned or unskinned holster. The shield seems thinner than the typical treo skins.

Thanks,
    Mike
    mike
    Quote Originally Posted by KBKB
    I got this one two days ago. So far no complaints. Seems to hold my Treo pretty well. Easy to get in/out.

But I have no experience with any other holster.

I'll be happy to answer any specific questions.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mkd
    David,

If I'm using the Invisible Shield on my treo 700w (www.shieldzone.com), should I get the skinned or unskinned holster. The shield seems thinner than the typical treo skins.

Thanks,
    Mike
    I think you need to go with the skinned one.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
  18.    #18  
    The Seidio's new holster has the following improvement over the Seidio previous holster

1) It will Not scratch your precious Treo 700W, Treo 650 or Treo 600
    2) Treo is much more securer while it is in the holster
    3) Available in two types: for skinned Treo and non-skinned Treo.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by KBKB
    I wouldn't bother. Not because I have the new one, but because I am so miserably, bitterly disappointed in their last holder.

I got the cradle-type holder from them with my first Treo. I doubted it, but it worked very very well and I grew to love it.

When my Treo 650 was stolen, I replaced it and got a new cradle holder from Seidio. "Improved" ... natch. They stiffened the spring, and so it doesn't rotate and instead it pops the Treo out. It happens pretty much every time I get out of my car, and often when I stand up from my chair at work. Sometimes when I sit down.

Picking my phone up, and searching the ground for my SD card is now apparently my favorite sport. Stupid, lousy change to a product that worked better the first time around.

So yeah, I'm looking for a better product. And I won't be trying Seidio again.
    I've never had the older holster, but I just received the holster for a skinned Treo 650. I would have to say that with the little time I've had it that it's a very good holster. I haven't had the Treo just pop out; I just lift the top spring loaded "hook" and simply remove the Treo.

The reason I bought the holster, however, was because I read the great review regarding the new hard clear case and that this holster works great for it. However, I read that it actually doesn't hold it very well. I presume that because a skinned treo has friction that the holster can grip the phone better.

David at Seidio stated that they are planning to make another holster specifically for the hard case, but I don't know when it will ship. I may have to return my holster and wait for the new one.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast