Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. 4ster's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #21  
    David:

    I received this today for the T650, and there is no rubber padding beneath the clip to prevent scratching. Should there be?

    Thanks.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ster
    David:

    I received this today for the T650, and there is no rubber padding beneath the clip to prevent scratching. Should there be?

    Thanks.
    You shouldn't need it as the curve in the clip itself prevents SD card and cosmetic problems. If you have a problem with it, please let me know.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by KBKB
    Anyone who owns this new Seidio holster, Can you post your experience ?
    STAY AWAY FROM THE NEW SEIDIO HOLSTER!!! As mentioned earlier in this thread, the Treo pops out of it for no apparent reason which causes the SD card to go flying as well (talk about trying to find a needle in a haystack). The Helix is the total opposite in that the holster stays securely attached so that you don't worry about it as opposed to checking on and readjusting the Seidio all day long. The problem with the Helix is that when a headphone jack is plugged into it, the Treo cannot be removed from the holster without unplugging the headphone jack first.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by eki
    STAY AWAY FROM THE NEW SEIDIO HOLSTER!!! As mentioned earlier in this thread, the Treo pops out of it for no apparent reason which causes the SD card to go flying as well (talk about trying to find a needle in a haystack). The Helix is the total opposite in that the holster stays securely attached so that you don't worry about it as opposed to checking on and readjusting the Seidio all day long. The problem with the Helix is that when a headphone jack is plugged into it, the Treo cannot be removed from the holster without unplugging the headphone jack first.
    How long ago did you purchase your new holster? We've been through a few generations since they first came out, and you shouldn't have any problems with the SD popping out, as we have intentionally left a space in between the SD card and the spring clip itself. As long as you lift the clip when removing your Treo, there shouldn't be a problem. If you'd care to email me your order info, I'll do what I can to help you.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  5. #25  
    I haven't had any problems with the Treo popping out and the card flying. I have had the card pressed in, causing it to come out a bit, while removing it from the case. I think that's on my part though, not the cases. I think I press the clip against the card or something. So far, I love it. I switch between that and the Piel Frama, just depending on my plans and needs for the day.
  6. #26  
    I have this "second" seidio spring clip holster and love it! I upgraded from the blackberry 7290 and wanted a holster like the plastic blackberry with easy in and easy out access. This is it. Additionally it seems to told the Treo close which is a plus for me due to wearing suits. Not to mention the closer to me the less likely to snag on something. I've gone through three other "pouch" holsters and reallt like this one. I have not had it pop out at all. And I also find it easy to check calendar and calls by lifting the clip and letting the treo tilt back, supported by the 2 tabs at the bottom, then click back in.

    Works for me!
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxxx
    I have this "second" seidio spring clip holster and love it! I upgraded from the blackberry 7290 and wanted a holster like the plastic blackberry with easy in and easy out access. This is it. Additionally it seems to told the Treo close which is a plus for me due to wearing suits. Not to mention the closer to me the less likely to snag on something. I've gone through three other "pouch" holsters and reallt like this one. I have not had it pop out at all. And I also find it easy to check calendar and calls by lifting the clip and letting the treo tilt back, supported by the 2 tabs at the bottom, then click back in.

    Works for me!
    Hi Styxxx,

    Thanks for the endorsement. What you noted above is exactly what we were hoping to provide for everyone. There seems to be a variety of experiences, and we're willing to fix those one on one. As always, my email is available.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    Anyone who owns this new Seidio holster, Can you post your experience ?
    I have both the skinned an un-skinned Seidio holsters for my 650; love them both (just can decide if I want a skinned or naked Treo). I've used horizontal pouches, vertical pouches, belt-clip cases, etc; and I wasn't happy with any of them.

    I received the un-skinned holster first (didn't know about the skin) and used it regularly with no problems; holds the Treo nice and tight, doesn't scratch it, and is completely adjustable for comfort. I'll admit, I had my SD pop-out a few times until I got used to using my thumb to pop the clip; now its second nature and my SD hasn't popped out since.

    Once I learned of the skinned version I went right for it because I am very anal about my electronic devices I cannot stand any scuff or scratch. The skinned works just as well as the un-skinned. Like others, the skin adds a bit of bulk; but the feel is more ensuring and its nice to know I can lay my treo down without working if the surface is clean and smooth. Every once in a while I catch the skin (where its open for the SD and volume) on the clip when putting it back in the holster; but again, learned to use my thumb. . .and now all is good.
  9. one028's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Features:
    No scratches on your Treo- Rubber part at the underside of the top clip to prevent scratches on your Treo
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 4ster
    David:

    I received this today for the T650, and there is no rubber padding beneath the clip to prevent scratching. Should there be?

    Thanks.


    You shouldn't need it as the curve in the clip itself prevents SD card and cosmetic problems. If you have a problem with it, please let me know.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com

    which is it? does it have the rubber under the clip or not?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by one028 View Post
    which is it? does it have the rubber under the clip or not?
    Our current model DOES have the rubber bumper.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  11. #31  
    I have the spring holster that accepts the crystal case for the Treo 700wx. The clip is wonderful! I love this combination!!

    For the 700wx owners, the palm 700p reset hole battery cover is the same color as the 700wx. I dont know if they have updated their site in regards to this but it's a good match. I also love the fact that the combination of the battery cover and crystal case has a reset hole so I don't have to take the whole thing apart when I need to do a soft reset (I know software can do this too) but the more options I have the better. I have a extended battery pack in their too!

    Not to go off topic but before you add the crystal case, be sure you add some clear scotch tape to where you thing the crystal case parts put pressure to the treo. Easy DIY just to have that peace of mind that your treo is now bullet proof from the elements. Also, I don't know if Seidio sells this but get a MartinFields Screen Protector while you're at it (I LOVE THIS SCREEN PROTECTOR)

    Thanks Seidio for the awesome products that you design and make, long time customer.

    -Oly
    Last edited by olywogle; 09/12/2006 at 09:43 AM.
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
  12. xsavior's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #32  
    has anyone tried this with the palms flexi case skin? I through i read a review saying that for the thinner skins, the skinned holster was not tight enough. I'm adicted to the holster design as i have the original shield that i used all the way up until getting my 700p, which unfortunately it didn't hold nearly tight enough.

    http://PALM.imageg.net/graphics/prod...2529972reg.jpg
  13. #33  
    Does the Seido holster work with E Grips?

    I have been trying the Cellite holster, which many people rave about, but I find that it is too easy to accidentally release the clip and my new Treo falls out!! Is the Seido holster more secure and how so?

    Thanks.
  14. Loondog's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    #34  
    I have been using the clip for some time now, along with 2 co-workers of mine.
    All three of us have run into the exact same problem with the clip. The "clicking" action of the swivel is no longer working after about 6+ months of use. The Treo now just spins loosely. So when it is clipped on to a belt, the Treo freely just swivels from an upright position to a left or right horz position with no action on my part. This is very frustrating. I have sent an email to Seidio and they have given no response on this problem.
  15. #35  
    I used the early model for the rubberized skin and now have the new one for my 680 that has the SD slot in it. I love the idea of the holster but my phone has popped out many many times. Thankfully the rubberized case (first) and now the crystal case came through and protected the Treo itself. I am switching to a side pouch holster. I love my other Seidio products, but just tired of picking my phone up off the ground.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions