Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Will be porting my number over to Sprint tommorrow from Cing. (taking advantage of the good ole SERO plan) ...and awaiting the Treo 700P.


    Anyway, question is: I currently have 6 mailboxes online and ~5 set for quicksync.


    I know for SURE I will run into calls going straight to voicemail with CDMA. How's everyones setup for the Sprint/Chatter combo??

    Turn on Efficient sync, and any other advice?

    What is No Doze? Should I leave that on or off?

    Please advise, thanks
  2. resturg's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    Will be porting my number over to Sprint tommorrow from Cing. (taking advantage of the good ole SERO plan) ...and awaiting the Treo 700P.


    Anyway, question is: I currently have 6 mailboxes online and ~5 set for quicksync.


    I know for SURE I will run into calls going straight to voicemail with CDMA. How's everyones setup for the Sprint/Chatter combo??

    Turn on Efficient sync, and any other advice?

    What is No Doze? Should I leave that on or off?

    Please advise, thanks
    Your situation may be different than mine, but I do not have any POP3 mailboxes, but have 2 IMAP and 2 OWA mailboxes. All are doing the push thing except for OWA Sent Items which is offline and I Sync it when needed. I do use Efficient sync option. I do not start Chatter at reset or Turn on radio at reset. This is due to fact I run Unstable version and some times it is unstable (rare). I set No Data Connection if Poor Signal and Disable Chatter while roaming. I hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    resturg: your info is very much appreciated.

    i know, i need to test it out for myself to see which works best.

    but for your above information, are calls being delivered? do you get lots of voicemail complaints?

    thanks again!
  4. #4  
    Question, I am running OWA and it is pushing with my exchange very nicely. Is there a way that only emails will get pushed to my Treo? In other words, I've got my Outlook set to do "read receipts", is there any way that I can get those not pushed to my Treo?
  5. resturg's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    resturg: your info is very much appreciated.

    i know, i need to test it out for myself to see which works best.

    but for your above information, are calls being delivered? do you get lots of voicemail complaints?

    thanks again!
    I do not get a lot calls but I even at that I had about one or two call a month to voice mail. I not losing sales when calls go to voice mail.
  6. resturg's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by twocrifasis
    Question, I am running OWA and it is pushing with my exchange very nicely. Is there a way that only emails will get pushed to my Treo? In other words, I've got my Outlook set to do "read receipts", is there any way that I can get those not pushed to my Treo?
    You are more advance Outlook user than me, but I bet read receipts currently are pushed. You might be able set a rule via Organize Wizard to move from Inbox the read receipts messages to another folder. To do this there needs to be a way distinguishes a read receipts message for the other emails.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg
    You are more advance Outlook user than me, but I bet read receipts currently are pushed. You might be able set a rule via Organize Wizard to move from Inbox the read receipts messages to another folder. To do this there needs to be a way distinguishes a read receipts message for the other emails.
    Bear with me while I think about this out loud- I guess the question would be are the read receipts pushed to my Treo before or after the end up in my Outlook inbox? In other words, would they hit my Treo before manipulated by a rule?

    Just thinking
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by twocrifasis
    Bear with me while I think about this out loud- I guess the question would be are the read receipts pushed to my Treo before or after the end up in my Outlook inbox? In other words, would they hit my Treo before manipulated by a rule?

    Just thinking
    Okay, in Outlook there is a way that you can tell it to process the receipt to another folder. However, the receipt gets to my Treo before Outlook processes the receipt.
  9. resturg's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    #9  
    Will I did not know how Outlook processes email messages events. Looks like OWA sees the message before Outlook can move it. It just occurred to me, I saw a dialog someplace in the wizard that states "server rules" or "local rules". But I am not Outlook expert but there should be one on this board.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by twocrifasis
    Question, I am running OWA and it is pushing with my exchange very nicely. Is there a way that only emails will get pushed to my Treo? In other words, I've got my Outlook set to do "read receipts", is there any way that I can get those not pushed to my Treo?

    what a way to hijack my thread





  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    what a way to hijack my thread





    sorry, just hoping for a simple answer

    didn't get it, will start a new thread

  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    Will be porting my number over to Sprint tommorrow from Cing. (taking advantage of the good ole SERO plan) ...and awaiting the Treo 700P.
    Is that wise....how you gonn be eligible for the "new customer rebates" when the 700p comes out ... wouldn't you do better waiting 6 weeks ?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Is that wise....how you gonn be eligible for the "new customer rebates" when the 700p comes out ... wouldn't you do better waiting 6 weeks ?

    Well, I thought of that. However, I signed up via the SERO website and even at the current being, they are not offering the PPC6700.

    I dont think they will offer the Treo 700p.

    Planning on buying full retail or on ebay with the 700p

Posting Permissions