Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well I'm starting to get old with my 650.

I started out a few years ago with my 600 and then upgraded to the 650 shortly after it came about. I've had the 650 for a while now and received a new one from Sprint yesterday since mine started losing service and roaming all the time starting about a month ago. I needed it anyways because mine was getting weathered.

Anywho... I find myself wanting something different, something more, but I'm not sure what. I love my Treo and I'm afraid to venture out into the world of the unknown since all I know is the Treo.

Anyone else find themselves thinking this? My friend has a Qtek 9100 and I was playing with it, seems pretty sweet. The Windows Mobile seemed alright too considering I've never played with WM at all, just Palm. I enjoy Palm though.

Hmmm, any thoughts? What WOULD be a good replacement if I were to get one? Of course Sprint though.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    6700 perhaps?

(most likely my next device...)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    6700 perhaps?

china?????

or is that longitude supposed to be negative to get you back in CA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    6700 perhaps?

I hope not, you're some of the best entertainment around here.
  5.    #5  
    See that looks like a sweet little toy... How does that stack up to the 650?

Also, I have lots of stuff on my 650 like addresses and schedules I'd want switched over, is there any palmdesktop conversion software for WM?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given
    See that looks like a sweet little toy... How does that stack up to the 650?

Also, I have lots of stuff on my 650 like addresses and schedules I'd want switched over, is there any palmdesktop conversion software for WM?
    Plenty of threads comparing the two....as far as getting your data over, if you sync to outlook, it won't be a problem (worked for me.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

7.    #7  
    Yeah after looking over that it looks pretty smooth. The antenna looks slightly more bulky than the 650, hmmph. Should I wait till May to see if the rumors are true about the 700p? lol
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
  8.    #8  
    No I just sync to palmdesktop and dont use outlook at all... Thunderbird for email. All scheduling done on 650.

Oh and I just noticed it's on EVDO... I have unlimited vision, will I get EVDO with that plan if I have that phone?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    I hope not, you're some of the best entertainment around here.
    Thank you. I'll still be around even if I go back to Windows Mobile. There is an "Other Handhelds" forum here, y'know.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    No I just sync to palmdesktop and dont use outlook at all... Thunderbird for email. All scheduling done on 650.

Oh and I just noticed it's on EVDO... I have unlimited vision, will I get EVDO with that plan if I have that phone?
    You'll need to use Outlook for your PIM. Moving your data from Palm Desktop to Outlook will be pretty painless. Just on your last sync, set up hotsync to use Outlook.

Speaking of "Other Handhelds", perhaps this thread should be moved..
    Well I'm starting to get old with my 650.

<snip>
    Anywho... I find myself wanting something different, something more, but I'm not sure what. I love my Treo and I'm afraid to venture out into the world of the unknown since all I know is the Treo.
    The rumor is that the Treo 700p will be released mid next month. If it is true, you may want to hold out until then before making your decision. I hope the rumored specs. are incomplete, I was really hoping the 700p would include Wi-fi. Guess we'll have to wait an see.
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Speaking as someone who just migrated back to Palm from WM5 after 4 years...I have to say...PALM OS ROCKS!!!!
    Now, with that in the openÖ believe me, it was long decision process for me to migrate, I was deeply imbedded with Windows... using Outlook, had the GPS, accessories...the whole bag.

My career has taken me in a new direction where I did not need the bells and whistles of the Windows mobile OS. Palm seems to be more consumer driven, while Windows smacks of big business. Plus Windows Mobile is still way off the mark when it comes to the user interface for 240 x 240 screens. Clunky is the best way to out it. For my current needs, which are now mostly personal, PALM is the way to go. The Treo is by far the best device out there, and outside of multitasking, is there really anything you canít do on Palm that you can on a WM5 device????
    Regards,

Supes2000

"His words burned like lamp in the darkness" -- Ecclesiasticus
  14.    #14  
    Well I don't think there's anythin WM5 can do that palm cant... just rather tired of the same interface and design. I also want a more powerful processor, camera and wifi. that 6700 looks sweet though.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Well I don't think there's anythin WM5 can do that palm cant... just rather tired of the same interface and design. I also want a more powerful processor, camera and wifi. that 6700 looks sweet though.

I was simply saying that swithing OS, for the sake of the OS should really be well thought out, from a cost and function perspective. Because, after the "TOY" aspects have worn off, you should be left with a great unit and an OS that serves you....
    Regards,

Supes2000

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Futhermore, the 6700's slide keyboard scares me. Thet tend to wear out, and one drop and your toast.....
    Regards,

Supes2000

17.    #17  
    Hmmm, you make a good argument to stay with a stationary keyboard. Hmmmph.

Oh, and I'm a young guy, I love the toy aspects of phones.

Are those the only PDAs Sprint has out now, the 650 and 6700?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I am "toy" guy too. But, that gets danderous, and expensice fast. The thing about Sprint is, that they are ahead of the curve as far as including internet access in their plans, unlike GSM that requires a data plan as well. So for my money I stay with them. The kinds of searchs I perform with my Treo do not require EVDO.
    Regards,

Supes2000

Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I think I am a "toy" guy as well, and have been looking for something new, I liked my Treo and it is a wonderful device but there are just little things that I couldn't take anymore. I switched to a 9800 and an iPaq 2415. Part of the reason I did this, once I was tired of always carrying the PDA when it just wasn't needed, and two I was tired of having to have a PDA phone to get a keyboard for text. The 9800 is great, no complaints at all. My other issues where just being tired of the voice and bluetooth quality issues with the 650, sometimes it was fine and other times it was un-usable. I don't have those issues with the 9800 at all now.

I guess my only small regret is getting DUN working with the 9800 and iPaq. I managed to get the old Quick2Net working fine, but I can't get 1X or EVDO, I am going to try subscribing to the Broadband Access plan that Verizon has for the 9800, I don't use it alot, but enough that I would like to had internet and such on my PDA. I really only use it for some mail and light browsing nothing really hardcore and for the most part this is done at home where I have wifi. As usable as a PDA phone is I am just tired of the size and some of the compromises that need to be made. I will stick with two devices for the time being, hey for a while I was doing a 9800 and the Treo, I think I can handle the 9800 and an iPaq......
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.

They (Sprint) will probably make you move to a $15 data plan - but in reality, you should be able to operate on your current plan.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast