Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I have a new SD card in my Treo 650 BUT every program in PowerRUN reads size: 0K, Launch: Error.

When I hit a program it reads:

File is not palm dataabsefile (.prc or .pdb) or corrupted. Run PowerRUN and delete the file.

Target directory is empty or not including Palm application. Launch PowerRUN and delete the file.

Can anyone out there give me a 'play by play' on what to do to get these files back on PowerRUN and operating again? I'm not sure the EXACT procedure to take and don't want to permanently delete anything by accident.

Thanks for any advice.
    Have you tried hitting the menu button while in PowerRun then selecting Update Shortcuts?

Also, what do you see if you are in PowerRun and you switch from Internal to Memory Card?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I do NOT see a MENU button in PowerRUN. When I hit shortcuts, NOW I am missing the majority of the files which wouldn't run anyway.
    I assume you had an old SD card and had apps on that card accessed with PowerRun, correct? If so, how did you put data/files on the new SD card?

OR

Is this a new SD card and you have just installed PowerRun and are having the problems described in your original post?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Yea...

Maybe I did a NO NO here. Its a NEW card and I simply copied the old card to a computer file. Then I copied this file (from the computer) to the NEW card. Same data. I have named the card the same, but it doesn't work the same.

For some reason, PowerRUN doesn't like you to do that....

Suggestions ???
    Hmm... your process should have worked. At least, it did for me when I went from a 1GB to 2GB card.

So you hit the menu button (hard key) on your Treo and selected Option/Update Shortcuts and that didn't work. Do you have something like FileZ so you can look at the contents of your SD card to make sure the data is there? Maybe put the card in your SD card reader and take a look from your PC. Everything should be in the Palm/Programs/PowerRun folder.

By chance did you format the card on your PC before putting it in your Treo? Assuming you still have the original data backed up on your PC, go into the Card Info app on your Treo and see what it shows. You may need to use the Card Info app to format the SD card then try copying everything to the card with your SD card reader and your PC.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I went through and did the shortcut. Even though some of the programs did NOT show up, I was still able to get them off the memory card...put them back on the treo...and then put them into PowerRun. Perhaps I went the long way around for this, but at least it worked and they are now there.

Thanks for the help. I also have a 4GB SD card....reading 4GB (actually 3.7). Seems to work fine.

Thanks again for the assistance and suggestions....
    Quote Originally Posted by snowball
    Thanks for the help. I also have a 4GB SD card....reading 4GB (actually 3.7). Seems to work fine.

Thanks again for the assistance and suggestions....
    Hey real quick with your 4gb card, can you record video directly to it? I've tried posting this question before but no one seems to be as responsive but just a few. Let me know. thanks.
    But actually in powerrun, there is an update shortcut... What I did was to copy the stuff from 1 card to the other (in the same directory etc), then in powerrun, go to their toolbar and select update shortcuts... It works fine for me... But in the end, as I need to reinstall my desktop, I had copied everything back to Treo so that there is a backup copy of those program in my PC's archive directory before using powerrun to transfer those back into the card...