Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I'm sure this has been posted here already but my search failed to find a thread.

Problem: if I soft reset my Treo, when it restarts the phone has to be manually turned back on.

Is there anyway it can be set so that the phone is turned on by default?
    I don't think so. Mine does it sometimes by itself, but there are 3rd party apps that will do it.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    PowerUp is free for the use of powering up the Treo at reset.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    PowerUp is free for the use of powering up the Treo at reset.
    Cheers for the link.
    Looks to be a bit of a strange definition of 'free' on that site though - it's free for 30 days and then you have to pay!

Still it is only $5.
    There are true freeware solutions. Treohelper (search these forums) is one that does this and a lot more. Radio Control is another. Search...lots to choose from.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Iy IS free to only use it to turn on the phone unless I missed something..

Application Description:
    This ensures your Treo 650's (and Treo 600) phone radio is powered on afer a soft reset. Have you missed any calls yet because the Treo 650 did not power up the radio after a reset? PowerUp will also give you the option to launch your favorite application following the soft reset. YOU ONLY NEED TO PAY FOR THIS PROGRAM IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE THE APPLIOCATION LAUNCH FEATURE. DONATIONS ARE HOWEVER ACCEPTED.
    I use TreoGuard because in the app, it even ask if you want to "turn the radio on after reset" . It does more also, like turn your radio on and off at times you set forth, but this cost more than $5.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    There are true freeware solutions. Treohelper (search these forums) is one that does this and a lot more. Radio Control is another. Search...lots to choose from.
    Treohelper looked a bit Ye Olde, but Radio Control looks to be the fella for the job - I'll try it later.

Cheers!
    Treo Helper is old....but ROCK SOLID. One of the best apps ever written for a Treo, IMO.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    IIRC, PowerUp is free as a basic app and you pay the $5 only if you need one of the other features.

Treo Alarm does the same thing BTW, it's $15 but gives you multiple alarms , d/l's weather etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban75
    Cheers for the link.
    Looks to be a bit of a strange definition of 'free' on that site though - it's free for 30 days and then you have to pay!

Still it is only $5.
    You only have to pay if you use the applicaiton lauching features within the application. Otherwise, it is free.

Jeff