Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Recommendations on some good graffiti software?? I want something that will work well with a Treo and is dynamic. Something that will let me use all of graffiti II. Please help!!
    I use TealScript and think it's great (but it costs money).

There is some free stuff out there but I didn't like it nearly as much as TealScript. I can't remember the name (must be too late in the evening ) but I'm sure someone will post the name pretty soon.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    I'm delighted with TealScript too, and heartily endorse it. The other program you're thinking of is Graffiti Anywhere, and can be found here:

http://www.escande.org/palm/
    Yep, that's what I was thinking of.

TealScript beats in in just about every way I can think of (well, except for price).

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    TealScript slows down your treo horribly. I was a paid user during my Kyocera days, and I really like its flexibility, but Grafitti Anywhere is stable and lightning fast and free to boot.

Yes, you need to learn G2, but the speed is worth it.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    TealScript slows down your treo horribly.
    ?????

That's news to me! My suggestion is that anyone who is interested should trial TealScript and decide for themselves

ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    I love MobileWrite. I am proficient with Graffiti 1 and this program doesn't miss a beat.

I first trialed it and knew immediately I would buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    ?????

That's news to me! My suggestion is that anyone who is interested should trial TealScript and decide for themselves

ChickenHawk
    Well then apparently you haven't been paying attention.

Use PalmInternals (search the forums for it - there's a HUGE thread) and then run its speed test.

A clean Treo650 runs through the speedtest in 110 clicks (1.1 seconds).

A Clean treo650 with Grafitti Anywhere runs through it in 290 clicks (2.9 seconds)

A clean Treo650 with TealScript runs through it in 4216 clicks (42+ seconds)!

This is NOT a typo. This is not an error.

Where can you see this difference? Take several photos, display one full-screen, then press Left or Right on the Dpad to load another photo. It take about a second when the treo is clean. Just 1.5 seconds with GA. And around 3 or 4 with TealScript (I forget at the moment.)

Or play any arcade-like game. The difference is night and day.

-Warr
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Well, I can't argue with your numbers but I have never noticed the kind of slow down you've documented and I use my Treo a lot. If I haven't noticed then I guess I'm not going to worry about it because I love TealScript.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Don't get me wrong, I *loved* and paid for tealscript, and used it every day on my Kyocera to get Grafitti 1 back. Its is very configurable and intuitive.

I myself don't mind it too much when there's a minor slowdown due to a program I love, but TealScript's slowdown was WAY too large for me. It is so large, in fact, that it makes me wonder if I occasionally got crashes because *other* background programs were waiting forever for things because of TealScript.

If Teal could just tighten things up in the code, I would be a happy user again. But in the meantime, GA is so good, it makes you wonder why the author isn't charging for it.

-Warr
    I agree that GA is an excellent piece of software. I was worried that I couldn't input via G2 on the Treo until I found out that GA will work.

Now that I have GA and KeyCaps600, (which allows me to access the hidden characters and the caps without pressing the Alt button) I don't think I need any text entry or graffiti enhancement apps.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws