Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. urban75's Avatar
    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
       #1  
    What a nightmare their site is.

    I selected some goods, registered an account to check out,choose 'international customers' and then was told that they couldn't ship to my address (despite the UK being in their drop down list of choices).

    No explanation or further info was offered. Very poor usability and time wasted. Grrr!

    So then found the European site, ordered my goods all over again, went to check out and..... the log in for the US site doesn't chuffin' well work so I had to start all over again.

    Double grrr!

    Sorry for the rant here, but seeing as there seems to be no way to contact Seido on their site, I needed to get it off my chest!

    I still need to buy the goods though (Treo 650 skin kit and Inno Dock) - anyone else already using them?
  2. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #2  
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  3. #3  
    I will never order another thing from Seidio. Customer Service or lack there of threw me off for good. It took me weeks to get an RMA for a wrong part I ordered . I just wanted to re-order the right piece but since no one was going to help me return the wrong one, I decided to buy elsewhere. I am still not sure my account has been credited.
  4. urban75's Avatar
    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
       #4  
    Cheers. One stroppy email sent!
  5. #5  
    I swear, no company gets more complaints from this forum except the old posts about Dan's Cellular.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6. #6  
    True lady Treo, however I don't think there any company that makes as many add-ons for the Treos as Seidio, so they probably get a equal percentage of problems. I've ordered a number of items and not had the kind of problems that others have had. Considering the Palm POS and the quality issues with some of the Treo's themselves that making accesories that worked 100% of the time without glitches would not be the easiest thing in the world.

    That being said, I'm a nut about good customer service and would probably be up in arms if I could not get my problems resolve. Any kind of search here would produce David from Seidio's email and I would start there if I did have problems. It would be interesting to know how many sales in Treo products they do, and what their customer complaint rate is!

    Build me a better mousetrap and if I have mice I will buy it!
  7. #7  
    I think many peeps are just too attached to e-mail. I don't find e-mail adequate for important communication. I wanna know my message arrived, WHO received it and I don't want to wait 24-48 hours for an answer that asks another question so, unless there is no other option I use this old fashioned thing called a telephone.

    I have called Seidio on 3 occassions, had call ansered on 3rd or 4th ring and had my issues settled within 2 minutes.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I think many peeps are just too attached to e-mail. I don't find e-mail adequate for important communication. I wanna know my message arrived, WHO received it and I don't want to wait 24-48 hours for an answer that asks another question so, unless there is no other option I use this old fashioned thing called a telephone.

    I have called Seidio on 3 occassions, had call ansered on 3rd or 4th ring and had my issues settled within 2 minutes.

    Did the person answering your call have an Indian accent?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott
    Did the person answering your call have an Indian accent?
    Why? Is that a requirement? :>

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by shmelty
    I will never order another thing from Seidio. Customer Service or lack there of threw me off for good. It took me weeks to get an RMA for a wrong part I ordered . I just wanted to re-order the right piece but since no one was going to help me return the wrong one, I decided to buy elsewhere. I am still not sure my account has been credited.
    Hi shmelty,

    I you would care to email me your information to the address below, I'll be happy to check into it and find out what the problem was and what the status of your refund is. I encourage people to email me directly if they can't solve problems through regular contact with us. FYI All, our numbers are:

    Customer Service (don't snicker): 832-204-1118
    Technical Support: 832-204-1114

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by urban75
    What a nightmare their site is.

    I selected some goods, registered an account to check out,choose 'international customers' and then was told that they couldn't ship to my address (despite the UK being in their drop down list of choices).

    No explanation or further info was offered. Very poor usability and time wasted. Grrr!

    So then found the European site, ordered my goods all over again, went to check out and..... the log in for the US site doesn't chuffin' well work so I had to start all over again.

    Double grrr!

    Sorry for the rant here, but seeing as there seems to be no way to contact Seido on their site, I needed to get it off my chest!

    I still need to buy the goods though (Treo 650 skin kit and Inno Dock) - anyone else already using them?
    Hi Mike,

    I've already emailed you a response, but just wanted to post it here to help other international customers having problems as well.

    Hi Mike,

    I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've encountered. You can always shoot an email to: order@seidioonline.com with any questions you might have. The "trick" in getting a shipping rate via our USA site is twofold:

    1. Make sure you register as an International customer.
    2. Put the state/province in the city line after the city name, and leave the state/province line blank.


    I'm sorry this information wasn't made clearer, but for right now we are using a hosting server that is not overly user friendly, in that we don't have the capacity to edit their templates or replace them with our own.

    If I can help you with anything else, please let me know. Thank you for letting me know about the thread - I will post this information to it ASAP.

    We are working on this problem and most certainly apologize for any difficulties that people are encountering in placing their orders. We certainly don't go out of our way to make things hard, as without an influx of orders, we have no business. Our site is in the process of being made more user friendly. I strongly encourage anyone having problems with any facet of Seidio operations to contact me directly. If there are roadblocks in the system - be they people or processes - we will do our best to eliminate them.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I swear, no company gets more complaints from this forum except the old posts about Dan's Cellular.
    Hey,

    If we can't be number one, then we'll just keep trying. :> Thanks for your input.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi shmelty,

    I you would care to email me your information to the address below, I'll be happy to check into it and find out what the problem was and what the status of your refund is. I encourage people to email me directly if they can't solve problems through regular contact with us. FYI All, our numbers are:

    Customer Service (don't snicker): 832-204-1118
    Technical Support: 832-204-1114

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Just sent you an email.

    Thanks for your assistance.

    Sean
  14. #14  
    Seidio treated me very,very well. Phone support was excellent. All my questions answered promptly. If you don't like seidio then don't use them. That's the beauty of capitalism.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott
    Did the person answering your call have an Indian accent?
    No, once sounded like Indiana.... other two times "Calforni-asian"
  16. #16  
    Jack,

    you sure that wasnt a Texas Twang? (I think that's where they are located)...seeing you are from long island it would be a kick to hear you on a call trying to communicate with somebody from India


    and to stay on topic...all of my experiences with Seidio have been excellent
  17. #17  
    Dogman

    No, definyely asian....my best friend thru high school was asian and I spent many hours at family gatherings with relatives who spoke excellent english, though accented, to others who spoke no english whatsoever. As for the Indiana comment, I just used that cause that's the generic "source" given for all those looking for TV spokespersons w/o a discernable accent.
  18. #18  
    David, I guess you missed my latest thread. I was expecting even a smiley....
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=112169
  19. #19  
    Hey David...

    I have to admit just about every experience I've had with Seidio has been positive. Except I never received the replacement holster for my 650. A little super glue does wonders on the clip.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop
    Hey David...

    I have to admit just about every experience I've had with Seidio has been positive. Except I never received the replacement holster for my 650. A little super glue does wonders on the clip.
    Hi coppertop,

    Remind me of the situation again - did you file an RMA or did we correspond?

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions