1.    #1  
    There used to be companies where you could buy insurance for your phone independantly...do these still exist and does anyone know any names? Consequently I would also want to insure my laptop, MP3 player etc. Although I have home insurance where these items are covered I'd like to cover them for loss, damgae, theft etc regardless of where I am. Thanks.
    try safeware -

I think - www.safeware.com
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lplplpx3
    There used to be companies where you could buy insurance for your phone independantly...do these still exist and does anyone know any names? Consequently I would also want to insure my laptop, MP3 player etc. Although I have home insurance where these items are covered I'd like to cover them for loss, damgae, theft etc regardless of where I am. Thanks.
    I had to get a special rider on my Home Owners Insurance for coverage, but it didn't limit coverage to just in the home.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by lplplpx3
    I added mine to my home owners insurance like you would add a camera or other piece of electronic equipment. It is $20 per year totally covered...they refer to it as "mysterious disappearance."
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
  5.    #5  
    What are the names of your insurance companies? I have renters insurance with State Farm and apparently they dont do this. Could be a homeowner vs. renter thing but I will check. Any names would be helpful though. Thanks.
    This is nice to know, when my warranty goes out, I'll definitely give safeware.com a call. Cingular will not even put insurance on my Treo 650...the nerve!!! They should warranty EVERYTHING they sell!

Yes, I have a right to "Express Myself"
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaughanusm81
    This is nice to know, when my warranty goes out, I'll definitely give safeware.com a call. Cingular will not even put insurance on my Treo 650...the nerve!!! They should warranty EVERYTHING they sell!

Yes, I have a right to "Express Myself"
    Note that Warranty is completly different than insurance. Warranty covers if it doesn't work. Insurance replaces it when I drop the phone in the cup holder in my car, not knowing that it is full of water.
    I pay $4 a year for a $100 deductible full coverage (loss or damage) on my Treo 650 on my Citizen's Homeowners policy. ( A specifically item listed all peril rider.)

Cheers, Perry.