Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm has released a new hard case for the Treo 650/700 at the online store.
    Anyone tried this case yet?
    Would appreciate a review and some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Looks like a purse...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Looks pretty slick... but not for me.
    It looks nice to me I may order one when i get my replacement Treo
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Purchase one and have a mini review at http://palmthings.blogspot.com

Kraig
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    Any chance you could take pictures of yours Kraig? I'd like to see how thick it is, and how the opening mechanism works. I'd worry that if it was on my belt, and the latch accidentaly opened, the treo would come tumbling out. Looking forward to your input. Thanks
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics!
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Hey,

I like it! where can I pick one up. I checked the palm website but i didn't find it.
    where?

Deelight_7
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I am just kidding. The link is here: http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family

EDIT: Franko beat me to it!
    - C.S. Lewis
    Anyone use this yet? I'm interested.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I should be receiving mine today, so ill let ya know in a little bit.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Looks interesting but probably pretty bulky.
    I got mine today and sent it STRAIGHT back to palm. The liner doesn't cover the whole case, so when its going in and out of the case, it rubs plastic on plastic. The latch will come open the second it catches something. DEFINITELY not a $40.00 case.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    haven't played with mine yet. uh oh. that response up above doesn't sound good. damn.
    got one, its going back.

Cheap spring steel clip on back, doesn't lock on the belt well or hold well. thin plastic. very flimsy plastic hinge that looks like it will easily and very soon break. very difficult to extract the phone from the case easlily and smoothly without knocking it around and using the attenna as a grab point. Also, there is no opening over the speaker. The sound of the ringer is so muffled, I missed nearly every call!

But with the phone in the case and the case on the belt, it looks really nice.

oh well

the quest for the perfect case continues. . . . . . .
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    damn! what is so difficult about making a good, solid treo case?!! palm, your killin me!
    I like mine, I've had it for almost a week now and I love how it totally covers the treo( except for the antenna). yes the plastic is thin, but that doesn't mean it's weak. the hinge is just fine as long as you don't put a brick ( a real brick) in it, for the weight of the treo it is more than enough. the latch is easy to open but I have yet to accidently open it and I have been on crutches that swing right past the phone, I carry other stuff on my belt that can hit it, and even sitting in my car isn't a problem. The lack of a speaker whole may suck, but with a piece of thin sticky felt and a drill bit you can drill several tiny 1/16th inch holes in the case and then stick the felt over the new holes ( on the inside of the case. the felt like material on the inside doesn't cover every little milimeter, the top where the ir port and sd card goes doesn't have any felt ( not needed ) and the bottom where the data cable connects doesn't have any felt ( again not needed ), but the front/back/sides are totally covered.

I think it's well worth the $40, considering what a $20 case did for my last phone, you should see the scratches.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast