Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Well let's face it, the belt clip on this thing SUCKS. However it's a snap to remove and the case sits nicely in my pocket. Keeper.
    Why does the beltclip suck? it's slim and holds the case close to your belt. It's a lot better than having some thick clip that makes the phone hang out even further. I bought the leather case and the stitching drew so much attention people thought I was wearing a fanny pack.
    It doesn't really suck. It works well with thin belts. If you have a wide belt, its not good. It will just slide off of a wide belt.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    This case is only $24.50 at Amazon. Qualifies for free super saver shipping too. I decided to bite the bullet at that price (and order a Cardo Scala 500 BT headset while I was there).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20

Mike
    I really like this case as well, but was also worried about it sliding off my work belt. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence like a nice belt loop so I modified the clip a bit.

I bent the belt part back that enables the clip to slide over a belt so it presses against the case instead. This forms a closed loop so that it will no longer allow itself to slip over a belt, but must by looped through instead. Then I also bent the entire clip so it really took a lot of pressure to clip it back onto the case and forces the new closed loop part extremely tight against the case. I can't see it going anywhere now.

The last picture shows it with a 1 1/4" belt through it. My widest belt, 1 3/8" fits as well.

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3008/case1oj4.jpg

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/5005/case2wq3.jpg

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3840/casegy1.jpg
    Last edited by SprintTreoUser; 07/29/2006 at 01:47 PM.
    Thats a great idea!

Can you describe your process? Tools etc. Plz?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Hard to describe what I did or a particular way to do it. But, basically I removed the whole clip, pulled the clip portion out from the rest of the clip by about 90 degrees. From there, I bent the tab under a lip on a tool chest to straighten it out and start curving it in. From there it was just some bending with a pair of pliers and even banging it with a hammer while it was placed over the same metal lip on my tool chest. After that, it was just a matter of bending it back in towards the part that clips to the case again, but only enough so that it took a bit of pressure to enable the loop to press firmly against the case and allow the clip to snap back in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by lightusr
    Why does the beltclip suck? it's slim and holds the case close to your belt. It's a lot better than having some thick clip that makes the phone hang out even further. I bought the leather case and the stitching drew so much attention people thought I was wearing a fanny pack.
    Okay, perhaps it might work with a very thin dress type belt. I object to the sharp edges and the lack of positive locking.

All my leather belts are custom made for concealed firearms carry, they are 1.25" wide in front but taper up to 1.5" at the hip for proper (pistol) holster support. The Seidio clip- which has positive locking- works fine with this sort of belt but the Palm case clip won't fit at all. If one could mate the Seidio type belt clip with this case it would be much better.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ginmtb
    This case is only $24.50 at Amazon. Qualifies for free super saver shipping too. I decided to bite the bullet at that price (and order a Cardo Scala 500 BT headset while I was there).

Mike
    Amazon's free shipping only kicks in on a purchase of $25.00 or more (of items that qualify).. ever notice how many of those items are just under $25.00 forcing you to buy something additional to get the total over $25.00 to get free shipping? Cagey, those Amazon.com guys.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    I just came from the Blackberry world and although I like my Treo 650 better then the Blackberry, Iím really frustrated with the three belt clips I have purchased so far. Does this new case have a belt clip?
    Dave
    I found some pictures of the hard case, looks good just ordered it.
    Dave
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456