Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    CompUSA has the hard case already? Great! Comp seems to have many Palm products in stock, so you don't have to order from Palm. Do they carry the cradle and battery too, anyone know?

Yes Lady they do. I was there last night and saw both. I almost walked out without seeing this case but I looked "one more time" and found it. I like it so far in the .5 day Ive had it.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Can someone who owns the horizontal P6 case/pouch compare it to this hard case?

I'm using the P6 now and like it, but m interested in the hard case as well.
    Does the cover flip all the way around, or must one keep it open while on the phone?
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    Made a Major blunder today. I was in my chair and need to answer the phone. Opened up the case, pulled out the phone. After the call, I stood up and the opened case caught the arm of chair and bent the case a bit. Bummer. I now opens up to 90 degrees, where as before it would only open to 60 or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenorian
    Does the cover flip all the way around, or must one keep it open while on the phone?

No, it doesnt flip all the way around and, no you dont need to keep it open while youre on the phone. It will still send the signal thru the case to a BT headset.

Hope I answered your questions.
    There is no spoon.
    Just as an update,
    got the dremel out, put 5 small holes over the speaker in the front of the case. Looks ok. And NOW I can hear the phone ring!

I am keeping the case. I like it for rainy days or any time I want a little extra protections.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    I am keeping the case as well.

I have the following mods planned:

1) holes for the speaker
    2) gluing a "clickable" belt clip onto it
    3) a hole for the wrist lanyard Im going to put on the T650, it will be easier to grab out of the holster this way too.
    Last edited by Hdhntr23; 05/11/2006 at 02:55 PM.
    There is no spoon.
    Ive installed a lanyard onto my T650 and have found that I didnt need to cut out anything else on the case for it to come out. This was due to where I installed the lanyard. (right next to the antennae, so the strap comes out of the antennae cutout in the case) And... omgoodness yes its TONS easier to grab out of the case with the lanyard.

Ive decided not to drill holes for the speaker. It vibrates hard enough for me in case I didnt hear it when an alarm goes off or I get a call.

Ive bought a spinning clickable belt clip that will glue onto the case I just havent broken down and installed it yet.

I love this case.
    There is no spoon.
    Hdhntr23 which lanyard did you installed?
    shadowboxer, can you post a pic of the case with the speaker holes.

hdhntr23, can you post a pic of the treo with the lanyard

Thanks
    I wonder if the owner of this case still like 3202WW. I am researching for my 700 case any more new photos?
    Last edited by justdoit2; 05/25/2006 at 09:10 PM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I got one from Palm.com a few days ago and love my case. It gets a lot of attention whenever I wear it. Looks very nice, funtional as well. Took me some practice to pull my Treo out of it but I now push up on the antenna from under it, then grab the Treo from the front and back of the earpiece. The only thing I worry about is the fact that one side is padded, so is the other, but then it has plastic ridges that stick above the padding on one side. Not sure if this would cause wear marks on my Treo eventually or not.

ps. Editing this to add a quick video I just made to show how I personally retrieve my Treo.

http://natrix.googlepages.com/3202WW.wmv
    Last edited by Natrix; 05/25/2006 at 09:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2
    Hdhntr23 which lanyard did you installed?
    some cheapy thingy I bought at a cell phone accessory kiosk at the mall. Came with 2 cords, one long one short. Ive got the short one on. I can change between the 2 if I want with the "snap" in the lanyard.
    There is no spoon.
    Ill work on some pix over the weekend.
    There is no spoon.
    love the video, that really helps to see why you grip from the antenna. That would explain why Covertec has a opening on the bottom, for easy push up. But currently I like the idea of enclose "hard" case. thank you Natrix and Hdhntr23
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Palm has released a new hard case for the Treo 650/700 at the online store.
    Anyone tried this case yet?
    Would appreciate a review and some pics.

Looks good but is it functional?
    Quote Originally Posted by Natrix
    I got one from Palm.com a few days ago and love my case. It gets a lot of attention whenever I wear it. Looks very nice, funtional as well. Took me some practice to pull my Treo out of it but I now push up on the antenna from under it, then grab the Treo from the front and back of the earpiece. The only thing I worry about is the fact that one side is padded, so is the other, but then it has plastic ridges that stick above the padding on one side. Not sure if this would cause wear marks on my Treo eventually or not.

ps. Editing this to add a quick video I just made to show how I personally retrieve my Treo.

http://natrix.googlepages.com/3202WW.wmv

Thank you for taking the time to post that short video!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    My pleasure, took no time at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite
    shadowboxer, can you post a pic of the case with the speaker holes.

Thanks

You bet. The plastic really acts funny when you drill it. My holes didn't come out perfect. Have to use a small dremel grinder to smooth the holes after drilling.

Makes a HUGE difference. Can hear ringers, alarms, etc. as if not in the case at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Didn't realize the speaker faces out until I saw your picture. Kind of ruins the look of the case IMO. I just used a program to increase the volume of the MP3s I use as ringtones and I can hear it just fine through the case.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast