1.    #1  
    When I put in the battery in my Cingular GSM Treo 650, the initial color Palm splash screen comes up as expected, then the b&w palm screen as expected, then it repeats. It never actually has a useable interface. Here is the recent history.

I downloaded the trial version of the Oxford Spanish-English dictionary for the Treo 650. Upon running the install program on my PC, it only found 1 of 2 users, "andrew", but not "Andrew". This is not the profile I use and when I performed a sync the dictionary was not resident on the Treo.

I went into Palm desktop and deleted the user "andwer". I reinstalled the dictionary and then performed a sync. The first sync item was the dictionary and the logs show a normal sync with the new files installed.

At the end of the sync is when the Treo device starting endlessly restarting. Any thoughts? Is there a way to roll back without losing everything?
    There are many threads about these topics (endless reset loop and restoring data). Check out the Treo 650 hardware forum.

Good luck!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Do a warm reset (hold Up button on the 5-way while resetting. Hold till the end of the reset process) to start the Treo without running any applications. That will stop the looping.

Delete the suspect application. Do a normal reset.

Different types of resets are described in
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...e.tem,CASE=887
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  4.    #4  
    Thanks all. I tried the fixes and progressed all the way to hard reset. I will use this as an opportunity to upgrade my firmware since I never did. The holding the button up stopped the looping, but when I attempted to open the app launcher it went back into the restarting loop and the phone could not be turned on. Now it is empty so I guess I will be ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by catalogguy
    Thanks all. I tried the fixes and progressed all the way to hard reset. I will use this as an opportunity to upgrade my firmware since I never did. The holding the button up stopped the looping, but when I attempted to open the app launcher it went back into the restarting loop and the phone could not be turned on. Now it is empty so I guess I will be ok.
    In the future, you can create a phone favorite to "Applications". This way if clicking the home button starts the loop process, using the favorite will get you to the stock apps launcher without resetting the device.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  6.    #6  
    Great idea! Thanks and done!
    Quote Originally Posted by catalogguy
    I'd install Uninstall Manager from Northglide as my 1st app. Can save you the trouble of going thru this again.