1.    #1  
    1. I deleted the typical stuff.. Versmail yada yada.yada...
    2. I wrote it back to the phone and got a message
    ROM too SMALL... I don't know what that was for.. Is this normal? My phone works fine and is missing all the things I removed..

3. I noticed that I did not have any (MORE) free memory after I did this.. But then I started to think. This is resident in the ROM not the RAM.

So it begs the question... OTher than NOT seeing the Icons on your screen. What benefit does a custom ROm give you? Am I missing something here?
    That you could put into ROM the thing that take up a lot of space from your rom, like Pocket Tunes Yada Yada.....
    So you will have more RAM space.
    You've given yourself more dbCache space which help with stability and out of memory errors/crashes that occur when you run out of dbCache
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Move apps from RAM to ROM (into the space you freed up by deleting unused apps), and you'll have more free RAM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    You've given yourself more dbCache space which help with stability and out of memory errors/crashes that occur when you run out of dbCache

ah... I see.. So I just need to make sure I do not exceed the ROM?
    How much total do I have?

Also, What about that error message when writing to the ROM? any big deal?