1.    #1  
    I'm in Canada - hope there is help out there.

I have a treo 650 for a telus network CDMA phone I guess. Would like to use it on another CDMA Canadian network Bell.

I have manged to unlock the phone for the phone to work on the new network however I can't get the data package to work through the new provider - seems like I need a Home Agent Password as well as the new network IP address - is there an easy way to unlock the entire phone for use on a new network????

Please help
    only GSM phones can be unlocked. Some people have converted CDMA phones from Sprint to Verizon and vice versa but that requires completely new software.
    Telus and Bell will only activate phones that have been purchased from their respective companies.. I have friends working in both companies and nobody can override that. The ESN is locked into their computer systems.

If you want to switch to Bell you have to buy a new phone..

As for switching, I don't see why you would. Bell is more costly than Telus and has worse customer support. They both share the same network. Telus uses Bell's analog network and Bell used Telus' digital.
  4.    #4  
    The phone is working on the new (Bell) network it is just still the network connection for data that I need to set up.

I get a great rate with Bell - would be gicing away a great package by going with Telus.

A Tech support guy mentioned that I could potentially get the bell Operating Software and download onto the phone?

The phone is unlocked - just need the Bell setting for network?
  5.    #5  
    Is there a completely new software available for use on Bell network?
    My Treo 650 (Sprint) is locked and I forgot my password. How can I get arond my old password to change it to a new one?
    Sure hope Insertion doesnt find this thread.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c
    only GSM phones can be unlocked. Some people have converted CDMA phones from Sprint to Verizon and vice versa but that requires completely new software.
    Actually cdma phones can be unlocked. Well reflashed is a better term for it but they can be altered to work on other networks, assuming the other network allows this. Many do not, but it is possible.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Woof is right. See my signature, although in my case I mean that I know my MSL (Master Subsidy Lock) code.

mgooch - do you mean that it's locked on power-up? That you can't get into it at all? If so, that's a completely different matter. I think you need a hard reset to get around it.

OP, sorry none of this helps you. My only suggest is to fabricate some technical problem that would require entering the code you need and then calling tech support and hoping they'll give you the info. That's how I got my Sprint MSL code.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Is there any firm verdict on trying to use an American Treo on Telus? Can anyone be paid to 'modify' a phone to make this go?
    There is a way to change the esn. You have to make a special cable to use with bitpim. You will have to find an ESN that Telus will accept.
    The problem is not whether it can be modified or "unlocked" or whatever. The problem is that CDMA carriers will flat out refuse to activate any competitor's CDMA phone on their network based on the ESN number if they know or suspect that it's not their phone. Unless you know someone who works at the carrier you wish to switch to who is willing to do something for you, you are out of luck. Or, if you can change the ESN number like biglanceinboise but you need to know what number will work. This happens with all North American CDMA carriers as they have enforced this to force their customers stay with them.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyr View Post
    The problem is not whether it can be modified or "unlocked" or whatever. The problem is that CDMA carriers will flat out refuse to activate any competitor's CDMA phone on their network based on the ESN number if they know or suspect that it's not their phone. Unless you know someone who works at the carrier you wish to switch to who is willing to do something for you, you are out of luck. Or, if you can change the ESN number like biglanceinboise but you need to know what number will work. This happens with all North American CDMA carriers as they have enforced this to force their customers stay with them.
    Sorry but this is not true. Sprint does this yes. Verizon doesnt completely as I have seen Sprint treos on Verizon. Many of the smaller cdma carriers also do not limit by esn. I happen to work for one that does not restrict esn's.

Don't make blanket statements unless you have the facts
    Thanks for clarifying. I should have said "most" instead of "all". In Canada it's like pulling teeth to do so.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    So what do I do to unlock my sprint cdma phone?
    Where/How did U unlock your Telus CDMA Treo?

W