1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,

So I bought a second battery for my Treo from a guy who sold his Treo700w because he hated it. Actually he bugged Verizon so much they refunded it. So I ended up with another OEM Palm battery and the Seidio USB charger (he accidently left the high capacity battery in the T700 when he returned it). But that's besides the point.

So I was wondering what the proper procedure is to pull out the battery when it's low/dead, and throw the new one in.

Should I shut down Chatter, turn off the phone, and then just go for it? Anything else special to do?

Thanks!
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    turn off the phone...swap battery then turn on again. Pretend it is your laptop
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Check out Perry's info here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=18

May help avoid any battery drain problems. I also found that doing a hard reset with the new battery in place made a noticeable improvement in battery life, too.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the advice.

My first Palm with a removable battery (had a PalmV previously). It just feels wrong taking a battery out of a device when it's still "on"- or rather, I can't turn it off.

I'm also glad to see Perry's battery advice. I thought about cycling the battery but I read somewhere else it's not necessary.

Now I'll fire up Toccer and Chatter simultaneously with impunity!!
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum