1.    #1  
    I have recently seen some new products that include a bluetooth USB dongle with a bluetooth headset (moto makes one) to be used specifically with your laptop for apps like Skype.

I am wondering if I have a standard bluetooth headset for my cell phone (moto, jabra, scala, etc.) and my laptop is bluetooth compatible, would I be able to just use that headset? Or is there something special with the hardware of the PC-based version either in the headset or the dongle?

If I could use my headset now with both cell and skype, I would be a very happy camper but I wonder why they are packaged seperately like that.

Anyone know if it is possible and, if so, how? Thanks.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    All I can tell you is that the Bluetooth manager on my tablet PC "sees" my Bluetooth headset, but I don't use Skype or have any apps that I would use with it on the laptop, so I haven't tested it out. But it would seemingly be possible...
    I have the standard Treo headset, not sure who makes it but it says Treo on it. I cant get it to show up in my Bluetooth Places, any reason why?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.